Humana Online Enrollment

They need email but there is no 24 hour limit.

Rick

The email should be accessed and the signature completed as soon as possible. Let's say you're trying to sign someone up in Oct for an 11/1/14 start date using whatever election. If that application isn't signed until Nov, then the start date gets pushed to the next month (assuming the election is still valid).

I believe the use of a digital signature pad is tied to MAPA only -- the pad should eliminate the need for the email signature method and is its own digital signature method.

The email should be accessed and the signature completed as soon as possible. Let's say you're trying to sign someone up in Oct for an 11/1/14 start date using whatever election. If that application isn't signed until Nov, then the start date gets pushed to the next month (assuming the election is still valid).

I believe the use of a digital signature pad is tied to MAPA only -- the pad should eliminate the need for the email signature method and is its own digital signature method.

Not sure what your 1st paragraph has to do with signing with 24 hours but I'm pretty sure we all realize the effective date (outside of some exceptions) will be the 1st of the month following signature.

Rick

Not sure what your 1st paragraph has to do with signing with 24 hours but I'm pretty sure we all realize the effective date (outside of some exceptions) will be the 1st of the month following signature.

Rick

I assume nothing. What if this guy thinks that hey, I started the app 10/31 and they want to start 11/1. Well, guess what? If that app is signed 11/1, they ain't starting 11/1. That's my point. And glitches with the email don't amount to a hill of beans either.

Humana told me I would only need to use MAPA if I didn't have a current internet connection at client's house and need to download it later. GA told me I can use signature pad and just do the online enrollment without MAPA. It looks like a bunch of crap I have to download to use MAPA and then have to download application at a later time too. I get different answers from everyone and will probably end up writing out paper apps like I say I will never do every year.

Humana told me I would only need to use MAPA if I didn't have a current internet connection at client's house and need to download it later. GA told me I can use signature pad and just do the online enrollment without MAPA. It looks like a bunch of crap I have to download to use MAPA and then have to download application at a later time too. I get different answers from everyone and will probably end up writing out paper apps like I say I will never do every year.

MAPA is a breeze.......

Can you explain to me the MAPA process?

Sure, MAPA is for F2F sales. The only paper I use is the SOA. On the paper SOA it asks for the MAPD ID which you get after you save the app. On the MAPA app you input the Paper barcode number on the bottom. Other then that, you pull up the MAPA system that can be used offline or online. Enter the app, have them sign on your sig pad and you are done. Upload it there if you have a connection or at night when you get home. Upload as many as you have in your system all at once. Save the upload confirmation sheet when you are done, although I believe it saves your confirmations for you know automatically. I've been using it for 8 years now I believe. Just make sure you sync every morning. They have an iPad app also, which I would use if I just didnt fumble around so much on those things.

The online enrollment works well for non f2f. Email them the link, have them sign, they are done.

Back