Humana SoA Change

AllGold

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got this email from Humana.

New Guidance on Scope of Appointment

Dear Agent,

CMS recently published additional guidance1 that impacts our current SOA form and process used to document non-MA health products to be discussed during MA/PDP appointments. Effective immediately, if an agent plans on discussing any health product other than MA or PDP at an upcoming appointment, they MUST document this on our SOA form.

Until we can get the new version of the SOA available, agents will need to write in the additional health product a beneficiary wished to discuss with them in the following field on the second page of the SOA AND the beneficiary must initial the field: (illustration)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What if I had a paper SOA and the beneficiary wants to discuss an additional health product during the appointment?
A: You must execute a new paper or MAPA SOA with the original products selected as well as any new non-MA/PDP health products notated in the Plan(s) the agent represented field.

Q: What if I had a MAPA SOA and the beneficiary wants to discuss an additional health product during the appointment?
A: You must execute a new paper or MAPA SOA with the original products selected as well as any new non-MA/PDP health products notated in the Plan(s) the agent represented field.

Q: What if I had an IVR SOA and the beneficiary wants to discuss an additional health product during the appointment?

Q: What if I had a DMS Lead SOA and the beneficiary wants to discuss an additional health product during the appointment?
A: You will need to verify what products were previously agreed upon by the beneficiary, then, execute a new Paper or MAPA SOA with the original products selected as well as any new non-MA/PDP health products notated in the Plan(s) the agent represented field.

Q: What if I have a SOA prior to the appointment and I bring up additional products I think would be appropriate for the beneficiary and want to discuss these products during the appointment?
A: If the agent would like to discuss additional products during the appointment that the beneficiary did not agree to discuss in advance, the agent must document it 48-hours in advance when practiable. If it is not practiable and the beneficiary requests to discuss other products, then you must execute a new paper or MAPA SOA with the original products selected as well as any new non-MA/PDP health products notated in the Plan(s) the agent represented field.

Additional health products can include, but not limited to:

Dental
Vision
Medicare Supplement
After reading through it, all I could think of was a very different question:

Q: What if after reading through all these ridiculous and annoying rule changes, I want to stab myself in the eye?

Last edited:
humana is always looking for ways to make it easier.

Only reason I recertified with them was to keep my PDP renewals. They send the longest emails of anyone I deal with in insurance. :swoon:

All for a silly SOA form. Like the Beatles sing....I want to hold your hand.

Their certification audio is a male computer and it is making me crazy.

One screen say to wait until it fades to white before I can click and it has the nerve to sat be patient. Really???

Their certification audio is a male computer and it is making me crazy.

One screen say to wait until it fades to white before I can click and it has the nerve to sat be patient. Really???

I didn't watch anything. I just clicked back right when it started and it showed it as complete. Win

Back