Humana SOP

SusieQ2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Received email this morning from Humana about SOP. It mentions Medicare supplements.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether we need a scope to do a supplement with them? Not really an issue with me at this point because they are not competitive in my area but looking down the road if one supplement company does it then maybe others will follow along??

Have seniors really been this abused that we need stuff that is this extreme? Pretty soon won't be any agents left to help people weed through their options. :no:

"....a Scope of Appointment (SOA) is required for every appointment where you are presenting Humana Medicare plans to a beneficiary."

"Please begin using the new SOA form and two-step process immediately with all Medicare appointments."

Your assessment appears to be accurate for ALL Humana M'care appts. I wonder when the last time was that they actually issued a Med Supp policy...? They are MA and PDP driven and it is bread and butter for them from what I was told by RVP.

You could be right about other companies adopting the SOA protocol for supps but this would be a travesty and massive overkill since CMS has nothing to do with supps. But after re-reading my last statement here, it is probably in the pipeline by some companies. It likely depends on whether the company is in the MA mkt or not. Can't imagine those companies not in the MA or PDP mktplace adopting the use of an SOA since this would be a foreign concept to them to begin with. But this is applying too much logic to be a valid baseline.

You DO NOT need a scope for supps, having said that, UHC wants scopes for supps, you cannot close out a supp lead without checking the box off in the Bconnect lead system that you have a scope yet CMS says its not required.

Oh I don't know, maybe because in some areas they are the right product for the client.

They are here sometimes, too. That doesn't mean I should sell them.

Everyone has their standards. If humana or UHC is best for someone I will refer them to an agent that sells that stuff.

You DO NOT need a scope for supps, having said that, UHC wants scopes for supps, you cannot close out a supp lead without checking the box off in the Bconnect lead system that you have a scope yet CMS says its not required.

I have sold quite a few med supps with UHC and have NEVER needed or submitted a scope.

They are 2 of the top companies in my area. Would probably be out of business if I didn't offer them.

They are here sometimes, too. That doesn't mean I should sell them.

Everyone has their standards. If humana or UHC is best for someone I will refer them to an agent that sells that stuff.

What state are you in? Refer them to me, I guess my standards aren't to the level of yours.;)

Back