I Didn't Get The Memo...

Hilarious that it would take someone a full 3 times to pass let alone 6 tries.

That's because they've lowered the standards so to get in to the industry, that all you need to get a license is $175 and the ability to fog a mirror. Raise the standards, raise the level of agents, raise the ability to provide competent advice, raise how the consumers see us.

It's the broken window theory, really.

I believe it's 10. It's not a reimbursement. You log in through their landing page and you're in without payment.

Yes. It's based on the most recent selling season. It used to be 20-25 in my market, which actually was an accomplishment because AETNA is not one of the major players. Another agent coworker sold only 5 and qualified for it. Bob is right about the lowering of the standards. Selling MA is becoming like selling Stanley Steemer. Yesterday, I received another call from a customer's kid who wants to get started with selling MA. Oh brother.

Yes. It's based on the most recent selling season. It used to be 20-25 in my market, which actually was an accomplishment because AETNA is not one of the major players. Another agent coworker sold only 5 and qualified for it. Bob is right about the lowering of the standards. Selling MA is becoming like selling Stanley Steemer. Yesterday, I received another call from a customer's kid who wants to get started with selling MA. Oh brother.

I only wrote 3 Aetna MA Plans this past year. Should I give it a shot? Sounds like they are letting everyone in for free.

I only wrote 3 Aetna MA Plans this past year. Should I give it a shot? Sounds like they are letting everyone in for free.

Did you get the following email from them:

Front Runners: Starting July 7, follow these steps to access your FREE 2017 certification to sell 2017 Aetna and Coventry Individual Medicare plans

Starting July 7, you can complete the 2017 annual certification process for Aetna and Coventry Individual Medicare products (MA/MAPD, PDP). This is one of the requirements you’ll need to complete to become “ready to sell” our 2017 products.

Since you’re a 2016 Aetna Medicare Front Runner, the cost for your certification – which includes AHIP – will be free! You will just need to follow the steps below starting July 7.

1. Starting July 7, access our certification site:
https://aetna.cmpsystem.com/ext/ahip/login.php.

2. Enter your NPN and password and click “Login” under Sign In

3. Then enter your National Producer Number (NPN) into the Front Runner ID field. (Need to look up your NPN? Click here.)

4. Next, review your Profile page and update your information.

Once completed, you can access the 2017 AHIP courses free of charge – compliments of the 2016 Aetna Medicare Front Runner program.

Watch for more information about our 2017 certification program coming soon!

If so, you should be good to go. If not, you probably won't get it for free.

Back