I Drank the Kool Aid

My experience with AARP UHC Med Supps is that they are overpriced compared with other companies like Aetna or Equitable. I never get complaints about customer service issues with any of the companies I sell for, and typically I can save a client at least $50/mo by switching them off of the AARP med supp to a competitor. And that would be the case whether they are on an F, G or N.

So the $50/mo saving is from switching them from Plan F to N? Or, are you saying a Plan F to Plan F is a $50/mo savings?

----------

Liberals love UHC. Its good for sales in that regard. Silver Sneakers is cool. Blue Shield offers that too and are cheaper in most cases. $15 a month off for the first 12 months(CA). I think Plan N is weak. I talk about F,G,and High F.

It's -$25 new to Medicare as of 8.1.17 and only on Plan F . Blue Shield is only competitive on T65's for the first 12 months.

Last edited:
Liberals love UHC. Its good for sales in that regard. Silver Sneakers is cool. Blue Shield offers that too and are cheaper in most cases. $15 a month off for the first 12 months(CA). I think Plan N is weak. I talk about F,G,and High F.

No silver sneakers for med supps in the OP's state. It's the cheapest and has the lowest rate increases. I'm not a liberal and love them.

WHY do they have the largest % of the market? Are other companies truly better?

My guess would be is that seniors like, and trust AARP. That's been my experience anyway!

WHY do they have the largest % of the market? Are other companies truly better?

My guess would be is that seniors like, and trust AARP. That's been my experience anyway!

Because they have the lowest priced plans and the lowest history of increases where the op is

Because they have the lowest priced plans and the lowest history of increases where the op is

Exactly correct, there is no 'Kool Aid' in Florida re UHC/AARP, it's far and away the best choice for Med Supps in the state unless you are a Florida Blue agent (their rates are almost the same as UHC)

Back