I Have Been Invited to Give a MedSup Seminar... Help?!

I'm presenting my last of four seminars of the month tonight. Should have about 200. I use a PowerPoint deck given the crowd size. I don't use it for under 20 people. It runs 75 minutes long plus questions.

The reason I asked for the zip code is because Penn has a heavy penetration of MA's in almost every county. Are you certified for MA's & PDP's?

The seminars are in three different counties, and MA penetration will be an issue. I am presenting in Bucks County, Philadelphia and Montgomery County. I currently sell a lot of MedSup up in the Allentown and surrounding areas, but this will be my first crack at this market further south.

I don't sell MA or PDP but planned on spending a bit of time talking about PDPs as a way to add value to the whole process.

I held a seminar last night. One section is called "Debunking the Plan F is Best Myth." During Q and A I get this question:

"I was a a seminar recently led by some who works for Medicare who told us Plan F is best because it's the only one that covers foreign travel. Isn't that a good reason to get it?"

That should be a "mark all the wrong things" AHIP question.

Fortunately each attendee had page 11 of the Buyer's Guide to Medigap and I asked anyone in the crowd to tell me if that was true, then broke the news to them that Medicare does not hold seminars, that she was dealing with an agent, and not a good one.

BTW, no other part of my seminar makes the phone ring the next day more than that one.

seminar recently led by some who works for Medicare

Medicare does not hold seminars, that she was dealing with an agent,

Did you happen to get this guys name and phone number?

no other part of my seminar makes the phone ring the next day more than that one.

Good for you.

Do you normally use handouts and are all of them excerpts from Medicare brochures?

Did you happen to get this guys name and phone number? Good for you. Do you normally use handouts and are all of them excerpts from Medicare brochures?

Wouldn't matter if you did have his info. I wouldn't take the word of a client that said what she did. She's probably confused and that agent wouldn't get in trouble. Now, if that agent was shopped and said it...well you know

Did you happen to get this guys name and phone number? Good for you. Do you normally use handouts and are all of them excerpts from Medicare brochures?
All Medicare publications. I do tell them about the RFEI and life changing event forms, explain what they are for, and offer to provide them to them if they would like to contact me, or let them know they can get them from the Social Security office as well.

Back