I have a HUGE problem, How do i fix this? no coverage!

Since he enrolled in MA after 1/1 he already used his OEP for 2007 and will not be able to make any changes to his coverage for 2007 unless he moves to a new service area. His next option to change plans will be the 2008 AEP beginning 11/15/07 for a 1/1/08 effective date.

My advice:

From this point forward, only contact these people via e-mail or some form of verifiable contact. This will eliminate the "he said/they said" situation, should this get sticky.

Secondly, contact an attorney, whether it be PrePaid Legal or otherwise. When it comes right down to it, these people care more about not paying then looking out for you.

Thirdly, get trained. Contact an FMO or GA who is willing to train you properly on these products before sending you out. You did nothing wrong, and you were not malicious in your intent. If there is noone willing to do that, call MA provider 100+ times a day, asking questions, playing the "what if" game.

Lastly, dont let this consume you. Use it as a learning experience. Move on. Call on other people. Don't let your confidence get shaken.

My advice:

From this point forward, only contact these people via e-mail or some form of verifiable contact. This will eliminate the "he said/they said" situation, should this get sticky.

Secondly, contact an attorney, whether it be PrePaid Legal or otherwise. When it comes right down to it, these people care more about not paying then looking out for you.

Thirdly, get trained. Contact an FMO or GA who is willing to train you properly on these products before sending you out. You did nothing wrong, and you were not malicious in your intent. If there is noone willing to do that, call MA provider 100+ times a day, asking questions, playing the "what if" game.

Lastly, dont let this consume you. Use it as a learning experience. Move on. Call on other people. Don't let your confidence get shaken.

Good advice. Often what we think is going to destroy us is really just a good learning experience.

Hey Buddy ... have you looked into helping them apply for Charity Care ? did you see if they qualify for Medicaid ? Charity Care info can be found at thier local hospital ... worse comes to worse contact you local Catholic Church and ask them for help. Good luck.

Why not explain what was wrong about her statement rather than say this.
Your right, I'm sorry Cenla. When you said he won't be able to change, that is not the case. The first time you sign up for an advantage plan, you can change anytime within the first 12 months. Sorry i was grouchy when i posted last.

No I have not looked into charity yet. They have not got thier bill for the surgery. It might be minor.. I dont know what it is goona cost. Hopefully pyramid is gonna pay it. I feel like they should. WHich doesn't matter I know.

Your right, I'm sorry Cenla. When you said he won't be able to change, that is not the case. The first time you sign up for an advantage plan, you can change anytime within the first 12 months. Sorry i was grouchy when i posted last.

Let's clarify, you can't change anytime in the first 12 months, but you can revert to your prior coverage,regular medicare and a pdp or medicare, a medsup and a stand alone pdp, that is my understanding.

Back