I Heard a BAD Rumor About Humana

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
My friend at Humana told me that she heard that Humana would not be using brokers anymore for their Gold Plus product due to the "problems" that they've experienced. She only said "Gold Plus", not PPO or PDP.
Anyone else heard this rumor?

But it raises the question, if a Company no longer lets outside agents sell their plan (and probably not re-certify), what happens to the renewal commissions that are owed to the outside agent assuming that the members remain with Humana?

You don't have to be able to sell every product in order to get the renewals, just be certified to sell MA with the carrier. That is of course with respect to CMS, Humana may very well have their own take on it.

I quickly learned in the insurance biz that when you have it good, someone, somewhere is planning a way to take it away from you or make it more difficult................

Humana is the debil!! At least to the independent agent they are.

They have been working against the independent agent for as long as I can remember. They were the impetus behind MIPPA to make it more difficult for agents.

They want to bypass the agent as advisor as quickly as possible. They want to sell their products direct through internet sales and from call ins from their ever present TV advertisements.

They do not want an unbiased agent out there giving people the real choices.

Agents that got in bed with the debil deserve whatever the debil dishes out to them.

Last edited:
Humana is the debil!! At least tot eh independent agent they are.

Waterboy reference! Don't hear those everyday!!:D

If Humana was the ONLY choice for MA I still wouldn't write 'em......Agent shafting, pot lickin', no payin', steamin' pile O'..... well you get the idea.:twitchy:

I received an email on Tuesday that says the Humana on line application now includes dental and vision. It states that you can put the link on your website and customers can apply and get quotes and you will still get paid a commission.

Has anyone used this method in GA and have you been paid? Or is this a trick for them to use your website to generate clients for themselves and the agent is never paid.

I received an email on Tuesday that says the Humana on line application now includes dental and vision. It states that you can put the link on your website and customers can apply and get quotes and you will still get paid a commission.

Has anyone used this method in GA and have you been paid? Or is this a trick for them to use your website to generate clients for themselves and the agent is never paid.

I would make an educated guess that the agent will never get paid for that enrollment.

Link up with the debil?? I think not!

Your unique identifier should give you credit for the sale. However, I am not sure how to verify that since if you don't know they have visited your site and gone ahead and applied without calling you how would you even know to check?

We had that happen once (only once as far as I know, with C1, not H1). The only reason we knew they applied was because they called us for status. Never got an explanation as to why were weren't credited. Just an "oops" sorry.

On the Medicare side, we have a sneaking suspicion H calls our clients at open enrollment and tries to switch them to something else, then take client from us. It has happened at least three times that I know of. The reason we knew was because the client got suspicious and called us to see wtf the company was trying to pull. It pays to keep in touch with your book. Especially the seniors. If you can get htem to trust you, all is good, because most of them sure don't trust the insurance company (and the govt).

Back