I See the Writing on the Wall

It's a HUGE selling point only if you present it as such. Apparently you have and may have to rethink your pitch in the future.

He/she sells in FL. In this situation its something extra that can be brought up, but since UHC has the lowest rates and the lowest increases he/she is just cementing the deal I guess. I only bring it up with someone can't decide between a N and a F.

I don't see any "writing on the wall" though. I always tell my med supp clients that they can move between plans with UHC but nothing is forever set in stone. Always CYA

I sell in all 50 states right now and yes, of course, when I go indy I will rethink my sales pitch. But right NOW, selling ONLY AARP plans, that is a huge selling point

I bring it up here to let you guys know that it's coming. I'm betting soon people won't be able to switch with 'just a phone call'. If any of your people think they can switch, you may want to get a letter out or something. So the "writing on the wall" is that it's coming...we just don't know when.

Florida app now has expanded underwriting and commission pays different for each plan in some states

As far as F,G or N I don't think too much on commission unless GI is involved, Honestly someone with lower commission on a plan N might be the one that refers plenty.

----------

He/she sells in FL. In this situation its something extra that can be brought up, but since UHC has the lowest rates and the lowest increases he/she is just cementing the deal I guess. I only bring it up with someone can't decide between a N and a F.

I don't see any "writing on the wall" though. I always tell my med supp clients that they can move between plans with UHC but nothing is forever set in stone. Always CYA

I agree in FL price plus AARP name there is nothing else needed. I agree 100%,I only bring it up with someone can't decide between a N and a F

I sell in all 50 states right now and yes, of course, when I go indy I will rethink my sales pitch. But right NOW, selling ONLY AARP plans, that is a huge selling point

I bring it up here to let you guys know that it's coming. I'm betting soon people won't be able to switch with 'just a phone call'. If any of your people think they can switch, you may want to get a letter out or something. So the "writing on the wall" is that it's coming...we just don't know when.

another possible reason they may be asking you to tone it down about this is because they anticipate confusion when plan F/C go away???

Is the FL UHC plan F cheaper than G with other carriers or is it just FL peer pressure that makes UHC so popular in FL?

I'm betting soon people won't be able to switch with 'just a phone call'. If any of your people think they can switch, you may want to get a letter out or something.

My guess is, the ability to change from one plan to another without underwriting was not contractual. (I don't offer UHC so can't say if it is or isn't).

Similarly, most carriers do not raise rates before the first renewal. It's not contractual, therefore not guaranteed.

I never tell anyone not to worry about an increase before their first renewal.

If the ability to change is not in writing, it can change at any time. If it is not in writing, I can't see UHC sending out a "warning" letter.

If the agent wants to do so that is their prerogative.

My guess is, the ability to change from one plan to another without underwriting was not contractual. (I don't offer UHC so can't say if it is or isn't).

Similarly, most carriers do not raise rates before the first renewal. It's not contractual, therefore not guaranteed.

I never tell anyone not to worry about an increase before their first renewal.

If the ability to change is not in writing, it can change at any time. If it is not in writing, I can't see UHC sending out a "warning" letter.

If the agent wants to do so that is their prerogative.

Correct, it is not in the contract. Just current policy. Same for discounts.

No word what will happen to the thousands of people that we sold plans to giving the "switch anytime you want" spiel.

So lets assume you sold a Plan N and told a senior this. 5 years down the road, probably 1 in 100 seniors will remember what you told them about, "switch anytime you want".
Also, I've been selling med supps since Carter was President. Ask me how many seniors have called me wanting to upgrade their med sup and pay more money??? none!
You are really making a big deal out of nothing.

Back