I See the Writing on the Wall

Or present options and let customer decide.

Thread was really about AARP underwriting free plan change option rather than which AARP med supp is "the best".

Sounds like that's the plan you should be recommending rather than F or G. Why would someone pay an additional $500 for G?

Rick

I don't think anyone does here in FL. In the 9 years I've been in the biz, I've ran across 0 plan G's and have sold 0, in FL.

I'm probably 60/40 for Plan F/N

Or present options and let customer decide.

Thread was really about AARP underwriting free plan change option rather than which AARP med supp is "the best".

Agents are here to make recommendations. Posting your suggestions here on an insurance forum is less than valuable.

Just presenting a couple of plans without guidance is the same as simply calling a call center and placing an order.

If you were licensed and sold insurance perhaps you'd understand.

Rick

I wouldn't be surprised if the "plan change situation" was something like, "policies effective 6/1/2010 - __/__/_____" = plan change no underwriting - then when (if) they stopped the "no underwriting when changing plans" feature, that it would apply to new enrollees after the new date of coverage.

In other words, if you "sold" a client on that feature, I wouldn't worry about not being able to see that delivered upon.

I've only used the feature once. The guy was incredibly cheap, wanted Plan K - so got it, then went to the hospital a few months later, then asked to switch to Plan N.

Agents are here to make recommendations. Posting your suggestions here on an insurance forum is less than valuable.

Just presenting a couple of plans without guidance is the same as simply calling a call center and placing an order.

If you were licensed and sold insurance perhaps you'd understand.

Rick

You seem to be the only experienced agent who has posted in this thread that thinks the thread topic is "What is the best AARP med supp plan". I'm not sure that speaks well for your evaluations of appropriate guidance.

While I am not an experienced or licensed insurance agent, I can read well enough to see that the "experienced agent" advice that would be useful to op would be how to sell AARP against other companies, not what med supp plan is best.

You seem to be the only experienced agent who has posted in this thread that thinks the thread topic is "What is the best AARP med supp plan". I'm not sure that speaks well for your evaluations of appropriate guidance.

While I am not an experienced or licensed insurance agent, I can read well enough to see that the "experienced agent" advice that would be useful to op would be how to sell AARP against other companies, not what med supp plan is best.

Frankly, I don't think you add much to the forum at all. Seems this is your hobby. Get your license and learn what you're talking about.

Rick

Back