IEP Question

beachbum2012

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
If a client just signed up for a PDP in their IEP (e.g. just signed up for a PDP with a DOB of 1/9/1950) and they change their mind and want a MAPD instead, can they do this before the PDP becomes effective on January 1? I know with AEP it's the last app submitted gets the business, but I wasn't sure IEP worked the same.

If a client just signed up for a PDP in their IEP (e.g. just signed up for a PDP with a DOB of 1/9/1950) and they change their mind and want a MAPD instead, can they do this before the PDP becomes effective on January 1? I know with AEP it's the last app submitted gets the business, but I wasn't sure IEP worked the same.
I've done this successfully a few times.

Absolutely, go make your money! :yes:

Yes, as long as it's in the 3 mo prior to the Part B effective date. That is my understanding. Anyone else on the same page?

Back