I'm New and Need Help

sdole23

Hello,
I just got licensed in NC and I am looking to work the senior market, with an emphasis on Medicare. Any advice on where to start?

Hello,
I just got licensed in NC and I am looking to work the senior market, with an emphasis on Medicare. Any advice on where to start?

I would start by setting very clear, measurable goals on what you really want out of this. Don't be just another guy or gal who wants to start, with NO plan, NO goals, and then ends up blaming the industry.

Want $100K in residuals by year 4? Want $500K by year 10? 1000 clients? Then most importantly....why?

You said you're looking to "work" the senior market. You could be broke by month 2 and still meet your goal. IMO if you don't start here you'll just be a leaf in the wind like so many other people trying to get into this. Successful people know it all starts with your thoughts, and your goals.

What do you really want?

Bevo gave you the meat and potatoes.

As someone who also started recently, here are a few first steps:

1. Read through the Senior Products Section. Go to the search window of this forum and search for topics you need help with. Read and research thoroughly. A few good keywords to research; FMO, MGA, Contracts, Leads, Startup

2. Find out what an FMO, MGA, GA is and what their relationships are to the insurance carrier, what kind of support do they provide to new agents, what contracts NOT to sign, which carriers do well in your market.

3. Think about how you want to do business, make plans and goals, both short and long term,

4. Find a good mentor that will help you execute said business plan, without taking the shirt off your back

5. If you get off track, repeat steps 1-4

Hey, maybe Bevo is interested in mentoring....

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

If you are in a large city, contact the United Healthcare Medicare office---talk to them about the ICA program. Dependent on the area and the Agent manager in the area, they recruit, train and help with leads.

Then fan out and add other Medicare carriers via a good IMO, add FE etc

Hello,

Even if you aren't looking to "literally" start a business. Using a document such as SBA Write Your Business Plan and Build Your Business Plan. Can definitely give you a jump start on preparing your thoughts and goals.

Here is the link to give you an overview of a roadmap. https://www.sba.gov/starting-business/write-your-business-plan

And,

Here is the link that let's you use their builder to begin typing one out.

https://www.sba.gov/tools/business-plan/1?interiorpage2015

Back