Imdirect for Mutual of Omaha

tomandersen1972

I have been appointed with Mutual of Omaha through iMDirect out of Nebraska for a few months now.

I want to share how great of experience it has been working with them. They set me up with a free lead mailer through Lead Concepts right when I was appointed. I was able to write 7 medicare supplements with them through those leads. They are giving me 50 marketing dollars for each policy that I write, which means I can get another 1,000 piece lead drop this month for $100 of my own money. They also are giving me $50 cash for my first policy written this month through a new program that they have and another $100 cash for writing 5 apps before the end of March. They don't have any production standards to get the leads either, they asked how may Medicare supplements I write and how they can help to increase my sales.

They just happened to call me during AEP and it has been a great experience so far. They have a lot of sales materials to offer me and my business has really expanded since joining them.

I dont usually use these forums much but I wanted to spread the word on a new organization on the block that actually fulfills promises. I wish they worked with other carriers but Mutual of Omaha is the only one they offer, but since I get so much from them, I will continue to send business their way.

Anyone else having any luck with these guys? I know they are a division of Premier Companies.

I have been appointed with Mutual of Omaha through iMDirect out of Nebraska for a few months now.

I want to share how great of experience it has been working with them. They set me up with a free lead mailer through Lead Concepts right when I was appointed. I was able to write 7 medicare supplements with them through those leads. They are giving me 50 marketing dollars for each policy that I write, which means I can get another 1,000 piece lead drop this month for $100 of my own money. They also are giving me $50 cash for my first policy written this month through a new program that they have and another $100 cash for writing 5 apps before the end of March. They don't have any production standards to get the leads either, they asked how may Medicare supplements I write and how they can help to increase my sales.

They just happened to call me during AEP and it has been a great experience so far. They have a lot of sales materials to offer me and my business has really expanded since joining them.

I dont usually use these forums much but I wanted to spread the word on a new organization on the block that actually fulfills promises. I wish they worked with other carriers but Mutual of Omaha is the only one they offer, but since I get so much from them, I will continue to send business their way.

Anyone else having any luck with these guys? I know they are a division of Premier Companies.

Good luck! I'd have a couple of other carriers ready to roll your clients to when MoO's premiums skyrocket in a couple of years.

P.S. Are you writing those Medicare Supplements through Mutual of Omaha, United of Omaha, United World or Omaha Insurance Co.?

You know what I have stayed away from writing to many Mutual plans first few years because of all the negative I hear about them raising rates.

I wrote them sparingly and I'm sorry I did

I have not had 1 fall off the books and not only have the increases not be crazy many received rate reductions this year

Only this Sept did I start using them more often and they have been great and easy to deal with.( Although they were harder to talk to a few years ago)

The only other company for supp I use that has been as any easier to deal with is Aetna.

I have only been selling supp for 3 1/2 years

But based on what I have read about the past It seems Mutual got I in over there head with guaranteed issue plan N whenever that was

But it seems they are trying to redeem themselves now

I also know from talking to prospects in over a dozen states
Most Supp companies will have excessive rate increases in an area where they are not getting enough healthy people to off set their cost

I don't think Mutual is unique just seems they got hurt with a bad Idea

You know what I have stayed away from writing to many Mutual plans first few years because of all the negative I hear about them raising rates.

I wrote them sparingly and I'm sorry I did

I have not had 1 fall off the books and not only have the increases not be crazy many received rate reductions this year

Only this Sept did I start using them more often and they have been great and easy to deal with.( Although they were harder to talk to a few years ago)

The only other company for supp I use that has been as any easier to deal with is Aetna.

I have only been selling supp for 3 1/2 years

But based on what I have read about the past It seems Mutual got I in over there head with guaranteed issue plan N whenever that was

But it seems they are trying to redeem themselves now

I also know from talking to prospects in over a dozen states
Most Supp companies will have excessive rate increases in an area where they are not getting enough healthy people to off set their cost

I don't think Mutual is unique just seems they got hurt with a bad Idea

You haven't been around long enough to see what they were doing prior to the clusterf!@# of the GI Plan N.

They'd roll out their MoO branded Med Supp. Eventually rates would creep up and other carriers would start taking market share. They'd close the MoO book and roll out UW. Get a bunch of new enrollments, have rate increases, start losing market share, close that book out and then bring in UoO. That's when the real craziness happened with Plan N. It was talked about here ad nauseum. Many warning others to stay away from the carrier due to the GI Plan N. It didn't take a brain surgeon to see the writing on the wall. I recall one guy here on the forums stated he was doing this for the money and:

"If they don't want my $31 Part D, or my Plan N MoO, they can buy from someone else."

He even tries to recruit folks from time to time. I'm sure all his Plan N folks are thrilled.

Now the carrier has rolled out OI. I purposely stayed away until they had a rate decrease. They are definitely doing things different this time. Tougher underwriting and rewarding agents for bringing underwritten business over OE and GI business. So far it has seemed to work. The true test will be within the next couple of years.

But they aren't the only carrier doing this. It appears Aetna is doing it now. They are about to close out the Continental Life book and bring in Aetna Health and Life branded Med Supps. They have good rates. But I'm just wondering if it's the same type of game. One thing is for sure, the Continental Life rates will start increasing higher than normal once the book is closed.

Good luck! I'd have a couple of other carriers ready to roll your clients to when MoO's premiums skyrocket in a couple of years.

P.S. Are you writing those Medicare Supplements through Mutual of Omaha, United of Omaha, United World or Omaha Insurance Co.?

I am writing with United of Omaha in Utah and Mutual of Omaha in Colorado. So far the rates for ages 65 are the best I can find. Especially with their Plan G. I have even written a few Plan G apps for a couple age 72 and 73, and they came in as the lowest in the state.

I heard the same thing about their skyrocketing med supps because of Plan N but you may want to go back and take a look at their rates.

You haven't been around long enough to see what they were doing prior to the clusterf!@# of the GI Plan N.

They'd roll out their MoO branded Med Supp. Eventually rates would creep up and other carriers would start taking market share. They'd close the MoO book and roll out UW. Get a bunch of new enrollments, have rate increases, start losing market share, close that book out and then bring in UoO. That's when the real craziness happened with Plan N. It was talked about here ad nauseum. Many warning others to stay away from the carrier due to the GI Plan N. It didn't take a brain surgeon to see the writing on the wall. I recall one guy here on the forums stated he was doing this for the money and:

"If they don't want my $31 Part D, or my Plan N MoO, they can buy from someone else."

He even tries to recruit folks from time to time. I'm sure all his Plan N folks are thrilled.

Now the carrier has rolled out OI. I purposely stayed away until they had a rate decrease. They are definitely doing things different this time. Tougher underwriting and rewarding agents for bringing underwritten business over OE and GI business. So far it has seemed to work. The true test will be within the next couple of years.

But they aren't the only carrier doing this. It appears Aetna is doing it now. They are about to close out the Continental Life book and bring in Aetna Health and Life branded Med Supps. They have good rates. But I'm just wondering if it's the same type of game. One thing is for sure, the Continental Life rates will start increasing higher than normal once the book is closed.

Yea, That is it I want to always to the best by my clients but I think its a crapshoot on who will be most stable and various area's

Really though Aflac was going to be Awesome but that really I mean what even happened there?

Anyway there is not one company that I haven't heard about high increases
in at least 1 area

So I do the best I can, but really all it comes down to just an educated guess
based on past performance but that does not amount to an accurate future

Yes you are right though a guaranteed Issue plan that no one else offers is a recipe for disaster

I am writing with United of Omaha in Utah and Mutual of Omaha in Colorado. So far the rates for ages 65 are the best I can find. Especially with their Plan G. I have even written a few Plan G apps for a couple age 72 and 73, and they came in as the lowest in the state.

I heard the same thing about their skyrocketing med supps because of Plan N but you may want to go back and take a look at their rates.

Even though I like watching MoO's Wild Kingdom growing up, I never have wanted to represent MoO...and I never will. Too many other good carriers out there. Even though they appear to be changing their way of doing business, I'd feel like a hypocrite if I contracted with them.

Latest posts

Back