Initial Rate Guarantee

Can you explain how the discount works? I have asked before and no one seems to know (or doesn't want to explain). For example, is it a 10% discount that phases in at 2% a year or what?

In Georgia the only discount is 5% if husband and wife are covered. I'll email you the booklet tomorrow that goes over the discount you're referencing (if I can find it on my computer).

Thanks sman. You are terrific

1517663_10151962483278041_1689345804_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can you explain how the discount works? I have asked before and no one seems to know (or doesn't want to explain).

For example, is it a 10% discount that phases in at 2% a year or what?

In UT anyway, it's 30% that phases out after 10 years. So 3% per year plus any rate increase. The Plan N folks have had a 6% rate increase I believe the last two years. So in actuality they are looking at a 18% rare increase over the past two years. Plan F didn't have near the rate increase, 2.7 I think this year so coupled with the 3% discount was 5.7%. There is also the 5% spousal discount in UT, not available in CO though. Did that make any sense?

I talked to a lady today who had recently started a new Med Supp with Sterling. She told me they guaranteed her that her rate would not increase for 5 years.

I just laughed and hung up . . .

Does anybody know the current Anthem VA guidelines regarding Medigap rate guarantees? According to CSG, looks like they just had a -15.8% decrease this month, but I don't see anything listed for previous years, which is strange.

I'd love to know if anybody has seen large rate increases with them in the past few years for their medicare clients.

Since this thread has popped back up thanks to JR figured I would revisit the UHC "discount". Brian mentioned the way it works in UT.

In UT anyway, it's 30% that phases out after 10 years.

That is a HEFTY discount.

Would like feedback from agents writing UHC in other states.

Or maybe I should start a new UHC thread . . .

Since this thread has popped back up thanks to JR figured I would revisit the UHC "discount". Brian mentioned the way it works in UT.

Lost Dollar should be around shortly to provide you with useless information...:yes:

It's not really a discount. It's a guaranteed annual 3% increase based upon birthday for 10 years.

Rick

Back