Internet Leads for MA's and PDP's

Sisburn

I just received an email requesting that if I use internet leads I need to submit for CMS approved because of some companies that being compliant. Does anyone know who these companies are?

who sent you email Upline or Ins carrier or CMS?

I know some companies do not market for MA compliant internet leads, But these are usually very upfront about that. With those I don't sell MA

I just received an email requesting that if I use internet leads I need to submit for CMS approved because of some companies that being compliant. Does anyone know who these companies are?

I've read this 3 times and still not quite sure what you are asking.

But you do not need CMS approval for internet leads however they must be generated in a compliant manner.

Rick

Insurance carrier

All third party sites that generate medicare leads for medicare advantage should register. I sent my personal site in for approval. Vendors don't normally designate MA or med supp. This is what Humana said.

"Dear Agent,
CMS has issued a new requirement of Plans and Part D sponsors, like Humana. Effective immediately any “third party marketing or enrollment website that includes Medicare lead generation” must be submitted to Humana and we must then submit to CMS for review and approval. This new guidance is the result of an audit conducted by CMS in which they discovered several marketing violations on third party websites. These violations include, but are not limited to:
Inappropriate requests for health status information
Misleading information, such as identifying a Medicare Supplement plan as a Medicare Advantage plan
Use of unsubstantiated absolute superlatives
Missing required disclaimers
What Does This Mean to Agents?
Third party websites are those that you, as contracted agents, might work with to obtain Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan leads. If you do, you MUST inform Humana or CarePlus, as applicable, what sites you use if you want to represent Humana/CarePlus products to anyone you meet as a result of one of those leads.

All third party websites that provide contracted agents or agencies with leads must now go through a formal review and approval process. Humana has established a process by which contracted agents can submit these third party websites for approval. This review process will ensure that all content being placed on the website is consistent with CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines."

All third party sites that generate medicare leads for medicare advantage should register. I sent my personal site in for approval. Vendors don't normally designate MA or med supp. This is what Humana said.

"Dear Agent,
CMS has issued a new requirement of Plans and Part D sponsors, like Humana. Effective immediately any “third party marketing or enrollment website that includes Medicare lead generation” must be submitted to Humana and we must then submit to CMS for review and approval. This new guidance is the result of an audit conducted by CMS in which they discovered several marketing violations on third party websites. These violations include, but are not limited to:
Inappropriate requests for health status information
Misleading information, such as identifying a Medicare Supplement plan as a Medicare Advantage plan
Use of unsubstantiated absolute superlatives
Missing required disclaimers
What Does This Mean to Agents?
Third party websites are those that you, as contracted agents, might work with to obtain Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan leads. If you do, you MUST inform Humana or CarePlus, as applicable, what sites you use if you want to represent Humana/CarePlus products to anyone you meet as a result of one of those leads.

All third party websites that provide contracted agents or agencies with leads must now go through a formal review and approval process. Humana has established a process by which contracted agents can submit these third party websites for approval. This review process will ensure that all content being placed on the website is consistent with CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines."

But is not that in regard to site you use for generate leads not sites of those that you buy leads from correct?

----------

I am actually reading last paragraph now, I don't understand is it my responsibility to submit a site that lead provider uses?

How am I supposed to do that they don't give me site?

But is not that in regard to site you use for generate leads not sites of those that you buy leads from correct?

----------

I am actually reading last paragraph now, I don't understand is it my responsibility to submit a site that lead provider uses?

How am I supposed to do that they don't give me site?

It is tricky to say the least. I think with Lee's leads we are ok because they are for med supps. As for the others, it is hard to say. I wish there were less ambiguity in this crap.

Lee has been straightforward on Med supp compliant only, I do use other providers as well especially during AEP. I might just drop MA and PDP altogether this is just stupid and annoying. Last year I only did 20% MA, This year so far I have only wrote 4 or 5 MA and 1 had me change to supp before effective date. Only during AEP I usually do enough to feel the loss.

----------

Then again this could all be Just Humana, I mean after all they are the debil

I got that email form all the usual carriers. So the question is, do you submit your website 10x for all carriers review?

Regarding mapd leads, are you using lead generator sites like netquote or insurme? If so I think it is impossible to find the specific website that the lead originates from as it becomes the black hole of the web.

I got that email form all the usual carriers. So the question is, do you submit your website 10x for all carriers review?

I have not put together a Site for myself yet Although I plan on next year, I know carries have been requesting personal sites for a while and I have been wondering how every one else has been handling this, I had guessed yea but had wondered if not

Regarding mapd leads, are you using lead generator sites like netquote or insurme? If so I think it is impossible to find the specific website that the lead originates from as it becomes the black hole of the web.

I don't use the ones mentioned but there are a couple known names like them I use only during AEP as I get a pretty good deal at that time from FMO and credits and another brings price down 70% , While I dont mess with them during the year during AEP they work out pretty well and I know none ever wanted to show site to an agent as it was told to me is a trade secret. So what am I supposed to do with that. It would burn me up if I can't get use out of the credits and discount I have Built up just for AEP

Back