Ipad Choices for MAPD/Supp E-apps

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Now that carriers are urging us to go with e-apps more, at least 2 of my main carriers now have Ipad apps, with touch screen signature capability.
Keeping the app downloads to a minimum, would anyone suggest getting more than the 16g Ipad?

Asking here because the apps I will be using are specific to Medicare Advantage and supps. Thanks!

Last edited:
Now that carriers are urging us to go with e-apps more, at least 2 of my main carriers now have Ipad apps, with touch screen signature capability. Keeping the app downloads to a minimum, would anyone suggest getting more than the 16g Ipad? Asking here because the apps I will be using are specific to Medicare Advantage and supps. Thanks!

I have a 16gb mini iPad and the next time I buy one I'll get the 32gb. I'm not out of space but on flights I like to rent movies on it and I can only put one in it.

I have a 16gb mini iPad and the next time I buy one I'll get the 32gb. I'm not out of space but on flights I like to rent movies on it and I can only put one in it.

Does it have an adapter for the mini usb? If so grab a 128 GB thumb drive and use it as external storage for the flight.

Conclusions so far: no problem with insurance carrier electronic enrollment apps filling up the 16gb storage. If I want to have other data, get adapter for usb; access files stored externally. Anyone else with issues, I would like to know.
Any comments on Ipad Mini vs full size vs Ipad Air for sales presentations/e-apps? There are good keyboard cases for all 3, will definitely do that.

I don't think you can do that with the iPad

That may be solved by using ICloud, just checked on ways to get movies on Ipad mini.

Since music and movies are not my reason for getting an Ipad, it's not my primary interest, but good to know.

Whether all the Medicare insurance apps I need will fit with 16GB storage is my concern.

Last edited:
That may be solved by using ICloud, just checked on ways to get movies on Ipad mini. Since music and movies are not my reason for getting a Mac, it's not my primary interest, but good to know. Whether all the Medicare insurance apps I need will fit with 16GB storage is my concern.
Most of my e-apps are with Aetna using my iPad. Storage isn't an issue with them, but a data plan is as an internet connection is required.

Most of my e-apps are with Aetna using my iPad. Storage isn't an issue with them, but a data plan is as an internet connection is required.

You mean for apps to work, the Ipad must be connected to the internet, correct? The wireless based Ipad should work for me with my phone as mobile hotspot. iOS: Understanding Personal Hotspot I have added extra data to my phone plan and can add more as needed. I have been using the hotspot function with my phone & laptop in the field.

Which size Ipad do you have? I like the mini for convenience and price, but the screen may be too small for some seniors to read.

You mean for apps to work, the Ipad must be connected to the internet, correct? The wireless based Ipad should work for me with my phone as mobile hotspot. iOS: Understanding Personal Hotspot I have added extra data to my phone plan and can add more as needed. I have been using the hotspot function with my phone & laptop in the field. Which size Ipad do you have? I like the mini for convenience and price, but the screen may be too small for some seniors to read.
For their med supp you do need to be connected and enrollment is on their website, not an installed app. I have an iPad 2.

Not medsup related. However, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and do not have to do any of the work around you are talking about. I can install and run all companies software as well. What makes the IPad so much better?

Thanks.

Back