It's Official, I've Reached 1000 Active Medsupps!

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been a member on this forum almost since my first day in the Medicare business and I attribute much of my success to the things that I learned here. Starting in 2008 I put in 5 years as a captive agent and went independent in 2013. Since then my production has doubled and now at 35 yrs of age with 1k med supps on the books I find myself wondering... whats next? Shoot for 2k? Semi retire and just work my existing book for cross sales? I wonder how long we all have left to make money in this business. Maybe now is the time to sell my book and get out!

I'm open to sage advice and sarcastic assholery... Discuss.:biggrin:

So, of the 1,000, how many only pay commish for 6 years? That will determine if you can now sit on your keyster.
Congrats on 1,000!

So, of the 1,000, how many only pay commish for 6 years? That will determine if you can now sit on your keyster.
Congrats on 1,000!

What Dayton said. You can relax your foot on the pedal some, but you shouldn't stop. If you are worried about the market going away, save, save and save some more. There is no telling exactly what the future holds.

I have been a member on this forum almost since my first day in the Medicare business and I attribute much of my success to the things that I learned here. Starting in 2008 I put in 5 years as a captive agent and went independent in 2013. Since then my production has doubled and now at 35 yrs of age with 1k med supps on the books I find myself wondering... whats next? Shoot for 2k? Semi retire and just work my existing book for cross sales? I wonder how long we all have left to make money in this business. Maybe now is the time to sell my book and get out!

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment!

If you aren't already doing it - I would recommend some sort of follow-up/cross-marketing program to your B.O.B.

It will help with client retention, referrals & cross-selling ...

Congratulations on your accomplishment. As for what next, I have one word for you. Considering your age you may have to Google this. Try Benjamin Braddock and Mrs. Robinson if you get stuck.

plastics

There goes your tax refund....

Take it from one that quit (retired) from the med supp business far too early. That 1000 med supps will drop off the books at a much faster rate than you ever dreamed f you are not consistently replacing them. That is juts the nature of the business when you are writing folks that are 65+. Add that to the fact that most quit pay any significant commission after 6 years, it can be a disaster for your income just a very few years down the road.

Would you value your book at around $375000 if you were to sell it? Just trying to put it into perspective that I think I would service them and work the referrals like crazy and keep going for now.

Back