I've Learned Medicare and Ma Now What?

jlata1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Ok I've spent weeks with some older medicare agents and have learned medicare and ma pretty well. I still need a little more training.I'm having a hard time formulating a plan to beak into this now. Should I run medicare dm leads?what i'm concerned about is many of the people 67-74 won't be able to qualify for regular med sups because of health.i guess I could move a couple to medicare advantage. can I hire a telemarketer and have them cold call? during aep can I put my own booth up in a mall?Any ideas how to get started now and be involved in aep?

Medicare sales can be very regional. On top of health qualifying, you have to deal with the retiree benefits and MA penetration in your area. The ROI on direct mail can be tough unless you have someone sharing a piece with you that's already worked well.

Hiring a telemarketer is tough if you haven't done any calling yourself. Aside from it being tough to train someone to do something you haven't done yourself, it's also difficult to tell what to look for in a telemarketer.

Were the folks helping train you in your area? Could they give you pointers on what areas to work vs avoid? I'm not sure why they'd train the competition, but it would definitely be worth asking.

Ok I've spent weeks with some older medicare agents and have learned medicare and ma pretty well. I still need a little more training.I'm having a hard time formulating a plan to beak into this now. Should I run medicare dm leads?what i'm concerned about is many of the people 67-74 won't be able to qualify for regular med sups because of health.i guess I could move a couple to medicare advantage. can I hire a telemarketer and have them cold call? during aep can I put my own booth up in a mall?Any ideas how to get started now and be involved in aep?

Yes it is compliant to hire a telemarketer to cold call for med supps just make sure that the script does not appear to be in anyway a solicitation for Medicare part C or D products .This especially applies in AEP because it is your responsibility as a Medicare health plan agent to know that many med sup consumers are under the impression that the AEP also applies to med supps so to stay compliant your script shouldn't appear to be in any way a systematic bait and switch approach where you say you are cold calling to generate Med supp sales but your real goal is to prompt consumers to ask you about part C and D products so you are able to sell all plans from cold calling.

IMHO a flea market is better and cheaper than a mall kiosk but either is compliant for part C and D as an informal event just make sure you follow the rules about not approaching consumers, reporting the event to the carrier 14 prior etc.

marketing guidelines
MMG Final 06-17-2014withdate.pdf

Back