Just Signed One Up for Equitable, and Boom Next Month is a 12% Rate Increase

New Era has VERY stable rates here in Georgia and they don't have a rating in the A's. Guess I need to warn all of those clients that have had them for 4+ years now. I'll also be sure to let them know they've saved thousands of dollars compared to what they would have paid with a UHC plan offered through AARP.

I did learn something on this thread though. I learned that AARP is actually an insurance company. All this time I just thought they were a liberal political organization who gets a commission when their members enroll in insurance products.

Seriously now fellas, are you that gullible? Are you that lazy that you cannot do your own due diligence before recommending a carrier?

This is exactly what you should expect from a company that is so unstable financially that it cannot cannot garner anything higher than a B rating from AM Best.

caveat emptor

Please if you will explain to all of us who are clueless how AM best rating has anything to do with stability in the medicare supplement game. I will sell Equitable and New Era all day long beforeAn Omaha or UHC if I can help it. Unfortunately some clients are just as clueless as you.

Seriously now fellas, are you that gullible? Are you that lazy that you cannot do your own due diligence before recommending a carrier?

This is exactly what you should expect from a company that is so unstable financially that it cannot cannot garner anything higher than a B rating from AM Best.

caveat emptor

Ah so you're one of those "agents" who tries to tell my prospects that any company not A rated is inferior, when I'm telling folks that a company like New Era is absolutely their best option.

I then immediately tell the prospect to ask the agent that told them that exactly how that B+ financial rating affects the consumer directly, knowing full well that agent will only spew irrationality, ignorance, and lies. After of course I tell them the truth about how this stuff all works.

Then I get the deal.

That's the same poster that didn't know about trial rights. Or moving out of the service area GI rights.

umm ok sure

i'll say this much. You guys sure are good for a few laughs every now and then.

----------

Please if you will explain to all of us who are clueless how AM best rating has anything to do with stability in the medicare supplement game. I will sell Equitable and New Era all day long beforeAn Omaha or UHC if I can help it. Unfortunately some clients are just as clueless as you.

Your question defines your own lack of understanding of financial stability of an insurance company. But that's okay. I get tons of new clients every year coming in behind agents like you. Keep it up. Please.

I get tons of new clients every year coming in behind agents like you. Keep it up. Please.

I think the feeling is mutual. I love when I see someone here in Georgia with UHC Med Supp (through AARP). As long as they can answer no to the health questions it's a guaranteed replacement.

You still haven't told us what AARP's AM Best rating is.

Your question defines your own lack of understanding of financial stability of an insurance company. But that's okay. I get tons of new clients every year coming in behind agents like you. Keep it up. Please.

I'm curious, do you know what happens if a Med Supp carrier becomes insolvent?

caveat emptor

You never did answer me.. Would you write anything less than an A+? .... You are aware that the largest insurance company failures were A - A+ rated carriers? You may sell some with an A company today but that does not mean they will have a A rating next year.. Then what?

Are these the same rating agencies that gave all that toxic mortgage paper "A" ratings right before the Great Recession?:goofy: Thought so.

Back