Which Kind of Perks Do FMOs Give to Agents?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
If any. I'm not sure if they legally can because of CMS. For example, let's assume that an agent has written a ton of apps and paid the piddly $204 per app. Can the FMO compensate beyond that? One of the carriers is providing a dinner for us. I'm not all that impressed, to be honest.
One year, another also provided a dinner, but I didn't attend. I had to hem and haw for one of them to give me some leads during the AEP. Are they hogging all of the $$? A friend of mine told me that the FMO makes $200 per app, which is as much as I make. Yet, they do nothing to help. Their various VPs, sales managers and directors are wined and dined, given junket trips from the carriers and make as much or much more than me, yet receive bonuses I'm certain.
I'm a bit jaded. I worked for companies that gave all expense paid trips to top producers and their lucky managers.
So, which "incentives" can the FMOs give, if any?

If any. I'm not sure if they legally can because of CMS. For example, let's assume that an agent has written a ton of apps and paid the piddly $204 per app. Can the FMO compensate beyond that? One of the carriers is providing a dinner for us. I'm not all that impressed, to be honest.
One year, another also provided a dinner, but I didn't attend. I had to hem and haw for one of them to give me some leads during the AEP. Are they hogging all of the $$? A friend of mine told me that the FMO makes $200 per app, which is as much as I make. Yet, they do nothing to help. Their various VPs, sales managers and directors are wined and dined, given junket trips from the carriers and make as much or much more than me, yet receive bonuses I'm certain.
I'm a bit jaded. I worked for companies that gave all expense paid trips to top producers and their lucky managers.
So, which "incentives" can the FMOs give, if any?

The Ritter quarterly bonus is pretty sweet.

Perk? WTH are you talking about? I want FMO's to answer the phone, go to bat for me when needed, and otherwise, leave me alone. If I want a perk, I deliver said perk of my desire and liking to me and/or my company. I don't need a perk from some upline. Not saying I don't appreciate it, but I am independent and self employed for a reason.

Stack them clients up like cord wood and you'll name your perks when you want them.

It is sad how much of a haircut good agents take from all the middlemen that don't provide anywhere near the value of their overwrite. I lose sleep thinking about. I'd bet there is close to $800 for a new to Medicare on MAPD in total commission. An agent will see around half of that if they are lucky.

Back