Lead Criteria for Final Expense and Med Supp

I'm going to delay my comprehensive response until after I've given it a try first. I'll post it after my earliest results.

I'm curious, I'd like to know what many of you consider to be the best lead criteria for leads leading to a door knock approach relative to final expense and Medicare supplements. I've been an agent a very long time and direct mail leads are no longer "king". I state this because I've tried many direct mail sources and the return results are less than 1% in this primarily agrarian region of Delaware. I'm currently using telemarketed leads but I'm not happy with the quality but it provides a name and an address. The rest is up to me. I prefer to set my criteria according to age and income. I prefer the ages of 67 and above so that I can assume that they'll be home when I arrive. I also prefer incomes level between $20,000 and $40,000. If they make too much then they're likely to keep what they have if the premium savings is not substantial. Does anyone have an opinion that they'd like to share? Please tell me what hours you use to approach their doors (for example, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM) By the way, do we have any eastern Maryland or Delaware agents?

I actually work with an agent in Delaware who exclusively door knocks my 67+ Med Supp lead and he said it has been going well for him.

I might be able to put you in contact with him if you wanted to hear his strategy.

I would recommend opening your income brackets to atleast 20K - 60K. You are going to miss a lot of prospects by narrowing your income range (income reporting isn't that accurate).

I need to fine tune my new tactic and write an "at door" script for it before I disclose my new approach but I think it may end my need for all leads. I don't mind purchasing quality leads but I've wasted thousands of dollars on leads that were of little value. I purchased tele-leads from one company and every address on the lead cards was wrong as well as some other data. I know that there are some quality lead companies but I remember a time when I never had to buy a lead. I simply obtained a quality data list and mailed out my own letters. I would then follow up with either a call or a visit.

I'll be back with the results.

----------

Fortune202,

Yes, I would like to be able to discuss "shop" with a local agent. It would be good to discuss some of the issues facing an agent these days. I'd also like to discuss strategies. I'm growing tired of having to reinvent the wheel without the input of others. I appreciate these forums but an actual discussion can be highly advantageous.

I need to fine tune my new tactic and write an "at door" script for it before I disclose my new approach but I think it may end my need for all leads. I don't mind purchasing quality leads but I've wasted thousands of dollars on leads that were of little value. I purchased tele-leads from one company and every address on the lead cards was wrong as well as some other data. I know that there are some quality lead companies but I remember a time when I never had to buy a lead. I simply obtained a quality data list and mailed out my own letters. I would then follow up with either a call or a visit.

I'll be back with the results.

----------

Fortune202,

ok so where do you find quality t65 or older list.......

Yes, I would like to be able to discuss "shop" with a local agent. It would be good to discuss some of the issues facing an agent these days. I'd also like to discuss strategies. I'm growing tired of having to reinvent the wheel without the input of others. I appreciate these forums but an actual discussion can be highly advantageous.

ok so where do you find quality t65 or older list.......

Back