Lead Generating Website

It takes a while. Or a lot of money. And patience.

My site is a little over 4 years old. Since 10/1 I have had 93 people visit and run a quote. Most are 70+.

I have spoken with 30+. Some never answer their phone, others gave bogus info. Some won't qualify medically. Others weighing their options. 8 apps submitted on in progress.

It takes a while. Or a lot of money. And patience.

My site is a little over 4 years old. Since 10/1 I have had 93 people visit and run a quote. Most are 70+.

I have spoken with 30+. Some never answer their phone, others gave bogus info. Some won't qualify medically. Others weighing their options. 8 apps submitted on in progress.

Wow thats awesome man. How much should
One plan on spending on something like that?

----------

As Somarco said, takes time, money and learning. But in my opinion, their is no better way to generate leads..

Is it your main source for leads??

How much should
One plan on spending on something like that?

More about knowing how to write good content than spending money.

We have "almost" come full circle to where Google and Bing will show your site for relevant content even if you are not using paid ads.

I write my own content. Never farm it out. Tried that and all I got back was articles where they picked some of mine and rehashed them.

The ability to write good copy is a skill that can be learned if you know your topic and do some research. Eye-catching (link bait) headlines can do a lot to bring in eyeballs.

I do a fair job but plenty of room for improvement.

Most of my money is spent on FB outside of AEP. Not sure if I will continue next year because I think I have it mostly figured out without having to pay for promotion.

Even then, I don't spend a lot. About $200/month.

I also geo-target my home state and mostly areas where the population is rural.

I am not looking to write 40 apps a month outside of AEP and 3x that during AEP. Don't need to work that hard. If you work smart and catch a few breaks you can take it a bit easier when you are older.

So it really isn't about how much money you spend. More about working smarter than your competitors.

I can't compete with the carriers and eHealth for Google clicks. Don't want to. Don't need to. But with the right material I can get to the first or 2nd position right under the paid ads and do what I need to do.

One other thing.

I am constantly reviewing what I do and tinkering with it. Always looking for a way to make me look different from a carny barker hawking low rates. Sometimes I hit on something that works. Sometimes not. Keep trying and testing.

Back