Is This Legal

I know at least 2 carriers (UHC & Humana) that say they will not accept a generic SOA and the submitted SOA must be on their exact form. I think I also saw that in the Anthem training, but since I avoid Anthem now, I don't worry about them.

I carry a couple of different SOA forms from different carriers with me on Med Supp calls just in case. Usually, the client doesn't mind when I explain that "the government has very specific regulations regarding MA plans and I'm sorry to have to do this, but...". They almost seem sympathetic as if it's us (me and the client) up against big brother.

One thing that can happen, fortunately not very often, is you have a Senior that is very familiar with the rules and may try to entice you into breaking them, for no other reason than to threaten suit against you. In many cases, they will threaten suit anyway, hoping that you will pay them, due to uncertainty.

It's really bad, but some agents fall for it and pay off, when they've done nothing wrong. What these Seniors are doing is actually criminal, but they're getting paid so they continue the practice.

The only reason that I mention this is that it's fine to push the envelope, as long as you stay on the right side of things. CMS violyions are not your only concern, Seniors can file civil suits against you and win if you break the laws concerning unsolicited contacts.

:1mad:
I know at least 2 carriers (UHC & Humana) that say they will not accept a generic SOA and the submitted SOA must be on their exact form. I think I also saw that in the Anthem training, but since I avoid Anthem now, I don't worry about them.
Just a note. I submitted over 100 UHC mapds this last season WITH the generic scope form. They have not contacted me that this is a violation. One thing, UHC is usually fast to let you know if you violate their requirements.

I've been helping clients and prospects with MAPD and PDP for six yrs and seen many changes over the years. Here is my concern... one company "HS" says in their training.. " you have to have "MOST" of your enrollments have a "voice scope" on their system. ( "MOST" we were told, is about 90%) I get referral calls from existing clients friends and family very often, as most of you brokers do. Most of the time I don't know, at the time I set an appointment to meet, what they will need. And usually set an appointment ASAP. " Don't you want meet ASAP while this is on your mind?" Almost always they do, and I will go very soon and get the SOA signed when we sit down to discuss options. *Our experience in trying to have them signed was a failure, in that no matter what we did with written and lil pointers where to sign" it never was. So back to the companies policy of having a PH SOA requirement. Do you think a company can have additional "Company Policies" that require the PH SOA?

Additionally I want to implement a recording system for myself, to prove if asked how they contacted me, to have some proof of their incoming call to me.. and have some ideas.. but I don't have this in place yet. Maybe some have suggestions for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Whats next? They have to contact you in person, request an apt time. Then you take in a lap top and play a government approved video. Then sign them up right there on-line. And if you forget to dot an i, you get sent to jail? :skeptical:

I wonder if you are allowed to have a sign outside your office that says "Medicare Advantage plans sold here. Walk-ins welcome!"

Back