Is This Legal

yes the sign is allowed, i have one in front of my office that says Medicare Advantage Plans with an arrow and uhc compliance department said it was ok as long as no company was on it

Just because it legal doesn't mean its ethical either.

Ok I am a phone guy so I don't have to deal with Scope issue's to often (accept with Aetna )

I also do 75% Supp vrs Advantage.

When In home I don't know the legalities and such when customer ask's about MA when appointment ws for Med Supp

I do know over the phone every one has a supplement Until you start asking what is their premium or what are their copays

So I do not understand why you would think it unethical if client asks about MA when you were originally talking Supp?

Honestly I find most of my conversations start with Supp
Drift to MA and 75 % of the time they go Supp

But 75% of the calls do go into MA to some extent
and sometimes its just the right product and the right fit

What is unethical about that?

Absolutely nothing, I am not wasting the customers time driving back over when they want it all done at that time. I write down "customer does not want me coming back, wants it done now" and I sign it.

Ok I am a phone guy so I don't have to deal with Scope issue's to often (accept with Aetna )

I also do 75% Supp vrs Advantage.

When In home I don't know the legalities and such when customer ask's about MA when appointment ws for Med Supp

I do know over the phone every one has a supplement Until you start asking what is their premium or what are their copays

So I do not understand why you would think it unethical if client asks about MA when you were originally talking Supp?

Honestly I find most of my conversations start with Supp
Drift to MA and 75 % of the time they go Supp

But 75% of the calls do go into MA to some extent
and sometimes its just the right product and the right fit

What is unethical about that?

But it specifically said in the rules if its an unsolicited outbound call, or a lead that was obtained in such a way, then you cannot talk about MA.

But it specifically said in the rules if its an unsolicited outbound call, or a lead that was obtained in such a way, then you cannot talk about MA.

If the website they put there contact info in or the mail piece they responded to is MA compliant so is the call

Last edited:
Back