Level 1 / Level 2 Plan Rates UHC/AARP

NBurton

Can anyone tell me what determines Level 1 and Level 2 Plan rates when looking at UHC/AARP Med Supp Rates.

Although I am not contracted with UHC/AARP, I'm working with a Client that due to age this may be a better fit for him.

84 year old male, leaving employer coverage which makes him Guarantee Issue but his age makes many other Carriers premiums costly also.

I would like to be able to give him a complete picture.

The only info I have is from their consumer site which does not explain the difference of Level 1 and 2.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated

I can answer the question as it pertains to Georgia. There are a list of health questions in section 6 of the application (again, I am speaking for Georgia. Your app may be different). If they answer "yes" to any of the questions in section 6, they move to level two on the rates. Also, they only have to answer section 6 if they've been on Medicare Part B for more than three years.

I'm not sure how that would actually pertain to an 84 year old leaving employer coverage. When did he go on Medicare Part B? If all else fails, you can call broker support.

Thanks for the response Sman,

He's actually been Part B enrolled since 1991, so I assume he will be exposed to the questions.

Is there no Guarantee issue plans or period with them?

I tried calling both support lines, Consumer and Broker nether would answer any questions because I wasn't contracted.

Once again Thanks for your help
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DS4, Thank You also

Last edited:
It's my understanding that if he lost his coverage and applies within 63 days he can get the lower rates due to this being a qualifying event for a guarantee issue. Same goes with any carrier.

Thanks for the response Sman,

He's actually been Part B enrolled since 1991, so I assume he will be exposed to the questions.

I tried calling both support lines, Consumer and Broker nether would answer any questions because I wasn't contracted.

Once again Thanks for your help
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DS4, Thank You also

Federal Law,
If he is losing employer coverage, and, applies within 63 days, med supp is guarantee issue. No medical questions.

State laws on this issue vary.
Here in California, the 63 days expands to 6 months.

Also, don't forget @ Part D. If this man had creditable prior Rx coverage through his employer, this would be a SEP. Otherwise, he can enroll during the AEP Nov 15th for a Jan 1st eff date.

Last edited:
Hello NBurton,
Since he is within the 63 days he will qualify for a guaranteed issue plan (any plan C or F, MOO you can get a plan G). As far as AARP is concerned, if he has part B since 1991, he will not qualify for group 1 or group 2, he will qualify for group 3, at level 1-because he will be guaranteed...
Hope this helps....

Thanks to all, the information has helped alot and is appreciated.

Jsanchez, can you email me at [email protected] or private message me.

I don't have the enough posts to allow me to PM you

Thank You

Back