Lifetime Renewals on MA - Can They Outlive Me?

Now that MA plans are paying lifetime renewals (client's lifetime, not mine) is there a way to have the renewal outlive the AOR?

I am thinking that if an agency rather than an individual is the producer, renewals will continue as long as someone in the agency is certified with the carrier.The contract states renewals stop upon the death of the producer.

I just hate to think of those renewals going back to the carrier. i know I can't take it with me but I'd love to have a say where it goes.

Even if commissions are paid to an agency (this is the way I have it done), I still list my agent info on the MA application so it isn't likely that the renewals will continue beyond your death. At least not after that year's certification requirements.

Even if commissions are paid to an agency (this is the way I have it done), I still list my agent info on the MA application so it isn't likely that the renewals will continue beyond your death. At least not after that year's certification requirements.

Couldnt the agency itself have a writing number, and then use that writing number to submit all business?

if an agent assigns commissions, with some MAPD carriers it is possible to get the AOR reassigned to another active agent within the agency if an agent does not recertify. not sure about death, though, in this case it was just someone leaving the business.

Back