Lincoln Heritage Life Ins Co

Geeze Jonnyboy29073!!!!

Where do I start?

I'm not accusing you of stabbing LH in the back on their leads. I'm trying to figure out what you are saying you are able to do with them.

Going back to my earlier post when I said; "If you buy the LH leads you are captive to them" What I mean by that is you have to sell those poor souls the LH product if they came from their leads. That's a BAD deal for many consumers IF they are healthy or even close to healthy. I think we agree on that point.

So when you said you are NOT captive you meant you can sell other companies but not with the LH generated leads and I took it to mean even WITH the LH leads which didn't seem right.

I'm back to my original point. I wouldn't want to be in a position of having to sell people LH product just because they responded to an unfortunate lead choice. That's just me. It's bad for the client (overpaying) and bad for the agent (easy for others to replace.)

I've seen many agents come and go that think LH is wonderful and then 6-months later hate them with a passion. Maybe that will be you in a few months...or maybe not. Who knows. I don't hate them. I see where some agents may need them for really unhealthy clients. I don't choose to use them.

"I think we agree on that point".

You are so misguided.

Its a mistake for you to think you and I agree on anything.

Its paper thin, and you can't read or deduce, one or the other, if not both.

"So when you said you are NOT captive you meant you can sell other companies but not with the LH generated leads and I took it to mean even WITH the LH leads which didn't seem right."

Where exactly do you draw these bonehead conclusions? I never once said nor intimated I take LH leads and close them elsewhere.

How does that go again........point it out to us all, 'cause we'd really like to see........where is it you form the basis for assuming I buy LH leads and book them elsewhere........? Its not written.....so the basis for your saying I book LH leads elsewhere is........where again?

Replacement is not something I worry about.

Someone may have told you once (and if they did you didn't listen).........clients don't buy insurance, they buy you.......(meaning the agent in case you need help with that, also)....which means agents who sell on price are always at the mercy of whimsical customers........my clients aren't "sold" by price..........I am not an order taker.

Obviously you are not a relationship-builder, you are an order taker.

Come back when you have some palpable facts, not just jumbled garble to support your empty-headed rationales.

Last edited:
Johnnyboy, you really should remove the rather LARGE chip from your shoulder. I didn't read into newby's statement that you specifically were buying LHL leads and selling them with other carriers. I read that to be a general statement in that, are you saying anyone can buy these leads and place the business with another carrier? For some reason you've decided to take ownership of that statement and apply it to yourself.

The "captive" part I believe newby was speaking of is simply the fact that a person is beholden to LHL with their leads. They do not have the freedom to shop those leads with any carrier. I didn't see his statement as implying YOU were actually doing that. It was a general statement.

Now onto another subject in your post below. You state you don't sell on price and state that newby must not build relationships. Personally, I believe I owe it to the client to give them a few options. Mainly because I value their business and want them to know that I am ALWAYS looking out for THEIR best interest. If that means a lower premium product and less commission, then that's what I do. Granted, I'm not in the FE market, but I deal with seniors on a daily basis with investments and med supps. I guess my question for you is, do your clients that buy you know that their is something substantially cheaper available to them? If so, how do YOU justify knowingly selling them a more expensive product? I'm not talking about a few dollars a month. I'm talking about when it's $10, $20 or even $30 more per month. Personally, if I'm in a "relationship" with someone, I want to know that they have my best interest in mind when they make a recommendation.

"I think we agree on that point".

You are so misguided.

Its a mistake for you to think you and I agree on anything.

Its paper thin, and you can't read or deduce, one or the other, if not both.

"So when you said you are NOT captive you meant you can sell other companies but not with the LH generated leads and I took it to mean even WITH the LH leads which didn't seem right."

Where exactly do you draw these bonehead conclusions? I never once said nor intimated I take LH leads and close them elsewhere.

How does that go again........point it out to us all, 'cause we'd really like to see........where is it you form the basis for assuming I buy LH leads and book them elsewhere........? Its not written.....so the basis for your saying I book LH leads elsewhere is........where again?

Replacement is not something I worry about.

Someone may have told you once (and if they did you didn't listen).........clients don't buy insurance, they buy you.......(meaning the agent in case you need help with that, also)....which means agents who sell on price are always at the mercy of whimsical customers........my clients aren't "sold" by price..........I am not an order taker.

Obviously you are not a relationship-builder, you are an order taker.

Come back when you have some palpable facts, not just jumbled garble to support your empty-headed rationales.

Johnnyboy, you really should remove the rather LARGE chip from your shoulder. I didn't read into newby's statement that you specifically were buying LHL leads and selling them with other carriers. I read that to be a general statement in that, are you saying anyone can buy these leads and place the business with another carrier? For some reason you've decided to take ownership of that statement and apply it to yourself.

The "captive" part I believe newby was speaking of is simply the fact that a person is beholden to LHL with their leads. They do not have the freedom to shop those leads with any carrier. I didn't see his statement as implying YOU were actually doing that. It was a general statement.

Now onto another subject in your post below. You state you don't sell on price and state that newby must not build relationships. Personally, I believe I owe it to the client to give them a few options. Mainly because I value their business and want them to know that I am ALWAYS looking out for THEIR best interest. If that means a lower premium product and less commission, then that's what I do. Granted, I'm not in the FE market, but I deal with seniors on a daily basis with investments and med supps. I guess my question for you is, do your clients that buy you know that their is something substantially cheaper available to them? If so, how do YOU justify knowingly selling them a more expensive product? I'm not talking about a few dollars a month. I'm talking about when it's $10, $20 or even $30 more per month. Personally, if I'm in a "relationship" with someone, I want to know that they have my best interest in mind when they make a recommendation.

You make the mistake of thinking you know how I run my business......you don't.

I have 2 lead-buying facets, and the LH leads do tend to have health issues, thats precisely why I use LH in the first place. I have 5 different contracts, and I do indeed use the "choice" close on the non-LH leads.......not that I feel any compulsion to explain myself to someone like you.

Their preferred product is very competitive, and all of the LH clients that are healthy are closed under that program..........because its the right thing to do.

Insofar as his intent on this issue of buying LH leads then closing them elsewhere, his shot was indeed intended at me because he quoted me.....a big mistake.

Maybe you and he can team up and make wrong decisions all day.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Last edited:
You need to understand that JohnnyBOY is apparently the only insurance agent here that knows how to sell insurance. Price doesn't matter. This is building a releationship.

He's already called me out for stating that Transamerica had some of the highest rates and he is trying to convince us (maybe him) that LHL is a good deal for healthy clients.

Apparently price doesn't matter but I'm pretty sure that commission does.

Rick

You make the mistake of thinking you know how I run my business......you don't.

You're right, all I can do is go by what you've posted thus far. But are you the pot or the kettle because it sure did sound to me like you were doing that very thing with newby. You know, when you said he wasn't a relationship builder and an order taker. So are you saying you actually know how newby runs his business?

I have 5 different contracts, and I do indeed use the "choice" close on the non-LH leads

Wait a second, I thought you didn't sell on price? Would you make up your mind? If you don't sell on price, then why give them a choice?

Insofar as his intent on this issue of buying LH leads then closing them elsewhere, his shot was indeed intended at me because he quoted me.....a big mistake.

I realize your perception is reality to you, but for the rest of us, we'll stick with our own reality. And was that a threat to newby? "A big mistake"?"

Maybe you and he can team up and make wrong decisions all day.

Let us know how that works out for you.

I do just fine on my own. You keep chasing your tail for that new commission everyday. I'll stick with my renewals and trails and do just fine johnnyboy. Good luck walking around with your chip all the time. It can get tiresome.

You're right, all I can do is go by what you've posted thus far. But are you the pot or the kettle because it sure did sound to me like you were doing that very thing with newby. You know, when you said he wasn't a relationship builder and an order taker. So are you saying you actually know how newby runs his business?

Wait a second, I thought you didn't sell on price? Would you make up your mind? If you don't sell on price, then why give them a choice?

I realize your perception is reality to you, but for the rest of us, we'll stick with our own reality. And was that a threat to newby? "A big mistake"?"

I do just fine on my own. You keep chasing your tail for that new commission everyday. I'll stick with my renewals and trails and do just fine johnnyboy. Good luck walking around with your chip all the time. It can get tiresome.

If I were you, I'd look up the long-term effects of solitary masturbation.

Don't be too rough on Johnnyboy83472.

He's new and still drinking the kool-aid.

Once he gets a few years of experience he'll be fine. Till then he's adding inventory for the rest of us.

Latest posts

Back