Looking for Guidance on Script

You'll do best with a very direct call.

State the reason for the call up front as soon as possible - tied to something that will pique their curiosity about your service or a "big (true) claim" that will help them solve their problem (even if they don't know about their problem of overpaying).

Very simply, "This is Scott and the reason for my call is______ or I am calling because _____"

(I agree with JD - unless you call people to find out how they are doing because you are selling counseling services... you are inserting something into the conversation that is not helping you. Have a myopic focus and you'll do better.)

From there, transition to your first question with something like, "To be sure I'm not wasting your time let me ask you: and proceed with a question where you can maintain control and begin to qualify. i.e., "You are on Medicare, correct?" etc....

(another key - don't make the mistake of saying "to be sure I'm not wasting your time or mine, let me ask you. They don't care about your time.)

A couple days into cold calling for med supps and would like some input from those doing telesales. My scipt is:

"Hey ___. This is ___ from ____. I'm giving you a courtesy call because you're a Medicare recipient and wanted to know if you'd be interested in s free quote to see if I can lower your monthly premium."

Thoughts? What would you add? Subtract? Tweak? I'm open to suggestions/help.

Thanks.

Never! And I mean never! Tell them that you're giving them "a courtesy call" . you might as well say Hey my name's Bob and I'm going to sell you something today.

Latest posts

Back