MADP Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period

openmindedone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Virginia
In my area the most popular MAPD has squeezed in a $500 out of network deductible, where previously in and out of network benefits were identical. People think their doctors are in the network but really, it just didn't matter before that they are out of network.

I talked with plenty of people during AEP who have this plan and no one even noticed the new deductible in the evidence of coverage. On top of that the MAPD plan costs $77 a month, so it's no bargain. I'm expecting a lot of people to get a rude surprise in January.

Everyone knows they must change plans by December 07th. Yet no one knows they can drop their lousy MAPD and buy a supplement plus rx plan before February 14th. I think there are a lot of people that if made aware of that specific opportunity, would be interested in getting better coverage.

So can anyone share their successful attempts to market the MADP?

Wow! That's cheap. Why would anyone have a mapd with premium?

I can't imagine the agent selling making much of a living off a $65 medsupp.

But those prices really shines a light on just how expensive the supplements are where we live

I can't imagine the agent selling making much of a living off a $65 medsupp. But those prices really shines a light on just how expensive the supplements are where we live

Yeah true. But I bet the percentage commission is much higher. Maybe 23% which could be around $15/month with most likely renewals for at least 10 years. Plus, you'd have no service work and very easy AEP.

Yeah true. But I bet the percentage commission is much higher. Maybe 23% which could be around $15/month with most likely renewals for at least 10 years. Plus, you'd have no service work and very easy AEP.

sometimes I forget how low our commission is here in fl with uhc...:1frown:

Back