Manhattan Life CUL Dental Plan

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I picked up this contract a couple of months ago and finally got someone interested in getting the DVH in FL. On the first page of the brochure it says "no dentist network". Of course I tell this to my client and when she asked her Dentist if they take this plan they say they do not.
So if the dentist says they don't take it, does the client have to pay the bill and get reimbursed? If so this plan just went to crap.

Not really bad deal, Cul will pay client directly very quickly within 7 day's, I had one guy say has 2 plans one pays dentist and this one pays him

So are you saying the dentist never accepts the plan? The only reason I picked it up was because I had a DVH with medico I think and it was a reimbursement plan. No one that I talked to wanted it. But I was told this was NOT a reimbursement plan at all. I feel dumb for not telling my client that she can go to any dentist. I think I'm officially out of the dental biz lol

I picked up this contract a couple of months ago and finally got someone interested in getting the DVH in FL. On the first page of the brochure it says "no dentist network". Of course I tell this to my client and when she asked her Dentist if they take this plan they say they do not.
So if the dentist says they don't take it, does the client have to pay the bill and get reimbursed? If so this plan just went to crap.

Don't know why it went to crap. I would rather be reimbursed and be able to use any provider I wanted than have a plan that pays the provider and have to use the ones they choose to be in the networks.

Don't know why it went to crap. I would rather be reimbursed and be able to use any provider I wanted than have a plan that pays the provider and have to use the ones they choose to be in the networks.

Because the only reason I got it was because I was told it was not a reimbursement plan. I already have another DVH reimbursement plan that no one wants.

This was from Goillini in march
The dentist files with CUL. Look closely...there's a pool of money that can be used entirely for dental...or vision...or hearing aids...or you can split it up between all 3 areas

Last edited:
Because the only reason I got it was because I was told it was not a reimbursement plan. I already have another DVH reimbursement plan that no one wants.

This was from Goillini in march

The insured can assign to the dentist so what he says is correct. But if the dentist does not want to file, the insured can do so by simply sending a copy of the itemized bill. If the insured does not assign benefits, then all money will be paid directly to them. If the dentist will let the patient pay in 30 days, they will have the money before they have to pay the bill. Best of both worlds since you can use any provider you want..

This is the only one I have seen that makes the full amount available to be used in any of the three categories. Most pay only a small amount for vision and nothing for hearing.

The insured can assign to the dentist so what he says is correct. But if the dentist does not want to file, the insured can do so by simply sending a copy of the itemized bill. If the insured does not assign benefits, then all money will be paid directly to them. If the dentist will let the patient pay in 30 days, they will have the money before they have to pay the bill. Best of both worlds since you can use any provider you want..

This is the only one I have seen that makes the full amount available to be used in any of the three categories. Most pay only a small amount for vision and nothing for hearing.

Thanks I think I got it now. If the dentist files it with the company that would be ideal so I'll just have to wait and see.

We sell a lot of it and I personally own it. My dentist office didn't take it but called the company up while I was in my appointment and set it all up so they could be reimbursed directly. Just have the client ask the dentist if they would be willing to setup with the provider. If not like someone else said, just have them file the claim yourself.

Get setup quickly to sell the plan

w w w.manhattandirect.net:443/AgentAppointment/agency/516743496F6F326375724D3D

*copy and paste and take out the spaces between w w w

The claims paperwork that the dentist needs to fill out is available for you to print on the producer portal, and the member can as well, and just take it in to the dentist. Its pretty simple, I think it's one page. There's a separate page for Vision, or Hearing. If the dentist just calls the number on the card, I think the filing process is fairly simple for them as well.

I took the policy out on myself about a month ago, and plan to use it soon, so I can tell my clients exactly how it works. I suggest you do the same. I also took out a delta dental policy, so I can use them both, and see which I want to sell most, Im hoping its the CUL. I have sold a few CUL already, and havent had any complaints.

If your dealing with non Fe clients its ok. But most fe clients can't fill out a 1 line form much less 1 page. So when you explain to the client the dentist can call the # on the card and you print out several claim forms for them to give to the dentist will most dentists fill out the form for them? Think about health insurance. In the old days the client had to fill out the form. Now you never fill a form out .

Back