Marketing Plan Review

Appreciate the encouragement Jimmy. Yup, it may fail miserably but the only thing I can look to is averages and try and engineer the best possible sales copy.

Appreciate the encouragement Jimmy. Yup, it may fail miserably but the only thing I can look to is averages and try and engineer the best possible sales copy.

you seem well-organized, I would consider this first year "getting your name out there" rather than expecting a large number of sales out of it.

Remember, if it is a sales event, you are only going to be able to market one carrier which is going to reduce people showing up (or could increase it depending on their reputation, lol). Because your carrier is going to make you get their approval and they sure as heck aren't going to approve a sales event where you could sell their competition.

Would end up being a fairly expensive way to get our name out there hah. There are much cheaper ways to build brand awareness which we plan on doing over the next 6 months as well. I view this as a test to see whether DM works for this demographic. Either the ROI is positive or negative and we will find out.

you seem well-organized, I would consider this first year "getting your name out there" rather than expecting a large number of sales out of it.

Remember, if it is a sales event, you are only going to be able to market one carrier which is going to reduce people showing up (or could increase it depending on their reputation, lol). Because your carrier is going to make you get their approval and they sure as heck aren't going to approve a sales event where you could sell their competition.

Since it doesn't sound like there have been many qualifying sales...he's going to have an extremely difficult time convincing a carrier to let him do a sales event. They will also need to review all the material that he's seemingly created. The timeline to get everything in place is quickly closing...good luck!

Would end up being a fairly expensive way to get our name out there hah. There are much cheaper ways to build brand awareness which we plan on doing over the next 6 months as well. I view this as a test to see whether DM works for this demographic. Either the ROI is positive or negative and we will find out.

Let the carriers spend the big dollars to create the brand awareness and align yourself with the best plan for 2016.I don't think the consumer's thought process in AEP is " gee that xyz agency has good top of the mind awareness.I think I will call them to see if they sell the Humana plan I want "

It is almost impossible now to use generic DM to compliantly market for MA/PDP. I would use generic DM for med supps and carrier specific approved DM for MA/PDP.

I've conducted a lot of seminars, but they were sales seminars and 80% is just a pipe dream. 10-15% might be more realistic. But then if you factor in that you are doing an educational event (I can't understand why) then you might be lucky to get 5%.
I've been shopped at a sales seminar and there's a higher chance you will be at an educational event. You better make sure you are compliant.

I main carrier here in NC said they were cutting back on seminars. Their experience last year was that attendence was terrible and the number that enrolled from those that did attend was lower than last year.

This from a carrier that dominates our NC market. Even other agents have confirmed this being the case too.

Still moving forward.

So what do you guys do exactly? I know you aren't beating the carriers and other vendors through digital channels (paid search, seo, etc.).

From a marketing standpoint you're doomed with the advantage plans and 65+.

Just market "new to medicare?", "what you must know" seminars to T-65's and sell them sups.

Even though you can sell sups year round during AEP its a feeding frenzy and seminars work well for the supp market.

This works... Everything else you are talking about (if you can even make it work) is working way to hard for the same end result. =MONEY!

Latest posts

Back