Marketing Plan to Sell 40 Med Supps a Month?

Are you targeting turning 65 or 68 and older?
I was thinking of targeting ages 67-74 and trying to save them $30-$50 a month on their premiums.

From what i understand i will get a 3-4% return on DM if i include 65+, and 2% if i just mail 67+. I just know there will be lots of competition with the 65+ crowd. What do you guys think?

T65 is an easier sale once you get to talk to them and have a USP to offer. I used to target 67 - 74 with specific demographics but found the T65 market easier. Still write some over 65 but probably 95% is now T65.

I was thinking of targeting ages 67-74 and trying to save them $30-$50 a month on their premiums.

From what i understand i will get a 3-4% return on DM if i include 65+, and 2% if i just mail 67+. I just know there will be lots of competition with the 65+ crowd. What do you guys think?

Id send DM to T65 (6 mos out), then Id buy tele leads for 68-76 to replace....buy, sell, repeat! I envy u, I dont have anywhere close to a 5k/mo marketing budget.

T65 is an easier sale once you get to talk to them and have a USP to offer. I used to target 67 - 74 with specific demographics but found the T65 market easier. Still write some over 65 but probably 95% is now T65.
I agree. I write about the same pct OE, some who postponed Medicare due to a EGHP but mostly T65. Began focus on T65 four years ago this month. In my research back then I came across a video--I assume a recruiter--where the presenter went on about how focusing on T65 was a losing strategy because you can't compete with the big budgets of the Fortune 500 insurance carriers. I knew that was wrong as soon as I heard it. There are tons of examples where small budget upstart businesses thrive by meeting the needs the big players miss.

As I met with T65 people who showed me their tall stacks of collected solicitations that left them more confused than informed, it seemed obvious that educating people about Medicare rather than just pitching product was the niche.

Thanks guys for your replies. So what is the absolute earliest time i can enroll someone in a med supp? I know OE is the 6 months starting when they are 65 and first have part B. So if i mail the turning 65 crowd say 3-6 months before their birthday, how would the process go step by step up until the time i enroll them? How many times should i mail them? Would i jus make the initial contact with them and put them on the calendar for when they are 65? Thanks in advance!

Thanks guys for your replies. So what is the absolute earliest time i can enroll someone in a med supp? I know OE is the 6 months starting when they are 65 and first have part B. So if i mail the turning 65 crowd say 3-6 months before their birthday, how would the process go step by step up until the time i enroll them? How many times should i mail them? Would i jus make the initial contact with them and put them on the calendar for when they are 65? Thanks in advance!

You can enroll them up to 6 months prior to their Part B effective date (I can't remember, it's been a while but New Era might be three), and if they're UW cases it's usually 60 days prior.

I'd put your contacts in a CRM with auto reminders and follow up with people (not annoyingly) as much as you can leading up to the time that they are comfortable pulling the trigger. All the while trying to add value and building trust.

I believe we went over this in PMs, but I could be wrong, whos your upline? LoL!

Mail 6mos out, then make initial contact once you get the card back. Basically have a conversation with them, introduce yourself, find out what questions they may have, see what their 65+ plans are (group, medicare- supp/mapd), find out if they need to apply for SS or will they get their card auto 3mos before bday.

Once your have that idea, let them know what u can do for them & how u can handle the entire process, and he next step (depending on how they answered your questions). If they seem willing to go with you or at least a decent chance, send them a card with your contact info...and follow up 1-2 before the 3mos OEP starts. Once its 3mos before their bday, begin the process of selling over the phone or f2f once they have their SS card.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME MEETING WITH PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE A SS CARD OR CANT SIGN UP YET.

stacks of collected solicitations that left them more confused than informed, it seemed obvious that educating people about Medicare rather than just pitching product was the niche.

Yup. Educate, don't sell.

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice. It will def shorten the learning curve to hear what you guys with experience would do to achieve this goal. I think based on what I have seen from your posts, a solid marketing plan seems to be to mail 2k mailers per week (40 cards) and add in 25-40 telemarketing leads per week. If my math is correct this will work out to... 2k mailer = 40 cards = 20 appts = 8-10 sales ... $940 cost of mailing 40 tele leads = 2 sales at 5% close ratio ... $350 cost of tele leads this would bring 10-12 sales a week ... $1290 total lead cost for week Assuming I am on top of my game this seems possible. Thank you for your help guys and any other advice from anyone is welcome as well!

This seems like a great plan as I am also new myself, just started DM and TM leads today..

these agents on the forums have been great help, good luck and keep us posted..

Back