Med Sup Pros---"is this True???"

Thanks man.

QUESTION: "What is this 6 mth rule you are referring to?"
  • Are you saying that someone is eligible for to sign up for a MS plan 6 mths prior to turning 65?

PS. I know you can sign someone up for MA 3mths prior to and after turning 65, but unclear of what you mean by 6 mth rule for Med Supp?

Thanks again!

.M

Yes, most companies will let you sign people up 6 months prior to their Part B date, which is the 1st day of the month they turn 65...unless their birthday's on the 1st of the month, then their Part B date will be the 1st day of the previous month.

In addition to what Rouse said, some states give those U65 that 6 month Open Enrollment when they get Part B..

Thanks for that Mark...!

Why wouldn't ehealth be able to use that name....what would be the issue?

It is Louis not Mark but I'll answer to about anything. The rousemark comes from an abbreviation of Rouse Marketing. Back in the old days my first ISP limited IDs to ten characters. As for the website name, it used to be forbidden to use Medicare in your agency name. Even though they have a disclaimer a lot of folks might confuse Medicare.com will being an official site.

It is Louis not Mark but I'll answer to about anything. The rousemark comes from an abbreviation of Rouse Marketing. Back in the old days my first ISP limited IDs to ten characters. As for the website name, it used to be forbidden to use Medicare in your agency name. Even though they have a disclaimer a lot of folks might confuse Medicare.com will being an official site.

LOL...ok thank you Louis.

Yes, most companies will let you sign people up 6 months prior to their Part B date, which is the 1st day of the month they turn 65...unless their birthday's on the 1st of the month, then their Part B date will be the 1st day of the previous month.

In addition to what Rouse said, some states give those U65 that 6 month Open Enrollment when they get Part B..

Wow...nice.

• So 6mths prior to turning 65, i can sign them up with a MED SUP plan....correct?
  • I wonder what Fla. time frame rule is? (since its Sat,.i MED.SUP rep is not around to ask). Guess i can google that.
  • Thanks G

Wow...nice.

• So 6mths prior to turning 65, i can sign them up with a MED SUP plan....correct?
  • I wonder what Fla. time frame rule is? (since its Sat,.i MED.SUP rep is not around to ask). Guess i can google that.
  • Thanks G

Depends on the company how far in advance you can take the app. The policy will not go in force until the month in which they turn 65. The OE period is actually 6 months AFTER turning 65 and having part B.

Wow...nice.

• Thanks G

It's up to the company how long before the Part B date. Most are 6 months. UHC is 3 months. Seems like I read that one company is doing 12 months(might be one of the Blues). It tells you in their UW Guides.

Depends on the company how far in advance you can take the app. The policy will not go in force until the month in which they turn 65. The OE period is actually 6 months AFTER turning 65 and having part B.

Thank you Louis...
  • so they must be enrolled in Part B, regardless of whether they are 65 or not before the OE takes affect.
  • However, many co's will allow you to take and submit the ap, 6mths prior to turning 65 (assuming they have part b lined up)
  • Correct?
  • (i think i got it).

.M

Wow...nice.

• Thanks G

The only agents that specialize in signing up new Medicare beneficiaries 6 months before they enter Medicare are slime balls from Bankers Life, why in the world would a good agent want to make a client pay for a Medicare supplement that far in advance? They don't even have a Medicare card.

It takes literally 48 hours for a new Medicare supplement to be approved for someone in open enrollment, there is no justification for pulling that crap with someone other than an agent getting paid.

The only agents that specialize in signing up new Medicare beneficiaries 6 months before they enter Medicare are slime balls from Bankers Life, why in the world would a good agent want to make a client pay for a Medicare supplement that far in advance? They don't even have a Medicare card.

It takes literally 48 hours for a new Medicare supplement to be approved for someone in open enrollment, there is no justification for pulling that crap with someone other than an agent getting paid.

I sign people up 6 months before and I ain't no f*cking Bankers Life slime ball. Your comment makes no sense. :mad:

They put out the 1st months premium and they don't have to worry about all the junk mail and phone calls ... they get it out of the way...job done.:yes:

I sign people up 6 months out all the time. While you're waiting I'll be taking that app. When you call them 3 months later they'll tell you sorry it's already taken care of but thank so much for your information. If they are comfortable with enrolling 6 months out chances are you have done your job. take the app or youre likely to lose that business to a more proactive agent offering the same company.

I sign people up 6 months out all the time. While you're waiting I'll be taking that app. When you call them 3 months later they'll tell you sorry it's already taken care of but thank so much for your information. If they are comfortable with enrolling 6 months out chances are you have done your job. take the app or youre likely to lose that business to a more proactive agent offering the same company.

I agree, the early bird catches the worm. I think he's just pissed because he's gotten there late too many times.

Back