Med Sup Pros---"is this True???"

I have to agree with others, I Buy internet leads, If Someone goes online and request Info on med sup 6 months early and they are ready to Move I have no problem taking the application,

When I was new and did not know I can go earlier then 3 months I had 1 that had bought the plan I gave them info on before I followed up 3 months before

I don't push for someone to sign up that early but I will say are your ready do application and many times they say yes. Some will say No and I don't push but then set up a follow up date

Honestly I find many just want to have it checked off and done,

I tell them they with charge once processed and most don't have an Issue,

Although AARP does not draft until the 3rd of the effective date unless you send check with applications and yes you can take 6 months but it will sit in portal and not process till 3 month mark

I read it here recently and it is True if we think a customer will have a certain objection it is our objection and we can turn our objection to their objection.

When I stop thinking I know whet they are thinking and just ask for the application then I find it goes much easier

You're free to do business however you want. What's the disadvantage to the client for paying the premium 6 months early...50 cents interest they might have gotten at the bank?

There is a reason for the agent to convince them to "get it out of the way"...so another agent doesn't get the business before you, as has obviously happened to you. The ones I write that early are relieved that they don't have to deal with all the confusion for the next 6 months.:yes:

Is it that much trouble to write them at different times? The more contacts the more solid the business. With that extra contact, you might get a referral, or sell them a FE or CUL Dental policy while you're there.:biggrin:

There is some geographic bias here-in Florida, where most of my clients live, the agents who specialize in contacting people 6 months out are from Bankers Life, need I say anything more?

Why the need to repeat your claim that I am losing business when you don't know squat about my client base? I write over 90% of the people who contact me and have done so for a long time, I don't 'lose' anything.

I do some mailing as well as referral but it's my own postcard with just a callback number and target a maximum of 3 months out at the time of the mailing, I won't do anything for a client until they have a Medicare card because I most times show both Med Supps and MAPD to them and let them decide which way to go.

There is some geographic bias here-in Florida, where most of my clients live, the agents who specialize in contacting people 6 months out are from Bankers Life, need I say anything more?

Why the need to repeat your claim that I am losing business when you don't know squat about my client base? I write over 90% of the people who contact me and have done so for a long time, I don't 'lose' anything.

I do some mailing as well as referral but it's my own postcard with just a callback number and target a maximum of 3 months out at the time of the mailing, I won't do anything for a client until they have a Medicare card because I most times show both Med Supps and MAPD to them and let them decide which way to go.

I hear what you're saying about Bankers agents, they have the same reputation everywhere. Just because they do it, doesn't make it wrong.

I still haven't seen you tell me what's wrong with writing someone 6 months early...other than you don't think it's right. I already addressed having to have a 2nd contact to write the PDP.

(snip) I won't do anything for a client until they have a Medicare card because I most times show both Med Supps and MAPD to them and let them decide which way to go.

I find it hilarious that you wrote this.

Only a couple months ago I met with a lady who'd already had an agent come to her door in response to a mailing, about four months before she turned 65, wanting to sell her a Med supp. She told him she didn't have her Medicare card yet and that the agent told her to call him back when she had it, and left.

I was working T65 leads and knocked on her door just a few days later, according to her. She let me in and I wrote the Med supp app and scoped her for a return visit during her IEP to do her PDP. She was delighted to have most of the process behind her.

This was in Rockwood TN. That wasn't one of your cases, was it? ;)

I find it hilarious that you wrote this.

Only a couple months ago I met with a lady who'd already had an agent come to her door in response to a mailing, about four months before she turned 65, wanting to sell her a Med supp. She told him she didn't have her Medicare card yet and that the agent told her to call him back when she had it, and left.

I was working T65 leads and knocked on her door just a few days later, according to her. She let me in and I wrote the Med supp app and scoped her for a return visit during her IEP to do her PDP. She was delighted to have most of the process behind her.

This was in Rockwood TN. That wasn't one of your cases, was it? ;)

A. I don't work direct mail leads with a reply cards, as I mentioned in the same exact same sentence you have conveniently overlooked
B. I am not licensed in TN

I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in those TN schools, maybe Betsy Devos can fix that.

I guess it makes you feel good to bust on another agent, glad I could make you day even if it has nothing to do with the truth.

A. I don't work direct mail leads with a reply cards, as I mentioned in the same exact same sentence you have conveniently overlooked
B. I am not licensed in TN

I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in those TN schools, maybe Betsy Devos can fix that.

I guess it makes you feel good to bust on another agent, glad I could make you day even if it has nothing to do with the truth.

Well, you kind of started the bustin' with the comment about writing the supp. in advance. For the record, I haven't written one in advance of their getting their medicare card in years so I didn,'t take your comment as a slam against my way of personally doing business. Come to think of it, I haven't taken a med support app on anybody with a Medicare card in years. :)

Well, you kind of started the bustin' with the comment about writing the supp. in advance. For the record, I haven't written one in advance of their getting their medicare card in years so I didn,'t take your comment as a slam against my way of personally doing business. Come to think of it, I haven't taken a med support app on anybody with a Medicare card in years. :)

I didn't bust anyone specifically with that comment, just stated my opinion, and also said it had regional bias.

The OP is in Florida, where most agents who contact that far in advance (at least in my experience) are either from Bankers Life or United American. Bankers Life agents lie about almost everything, including telling new Medicare eligibles that UHC/AARP policies are group policies and can be cancelled at any time, just so they can write Colonial Penn at rates that are about 30% higher than UHC with the lie that 'our rates will never increase'

Agents don't need my approval to run their business-my active states have MAPD penetration in the 40%+ range in the areas I work and I want people to see both sides so wait until they either have their Medicare card or go online with them and apply for the Part B.

I didn't bust anyone specifically with that comment, just stated my opinion, and also said it had regional bias.

The OP is in Florida, where most agents who contact that far in advance (at least in my experience) are either from Bankers Life or United American. Bankers Life agents lie about almost everything, including telling new Medicare eligibles that UHC/AARP policies are group policies and can be cancelled at any time, just so they can write Colonial Penn at rates that are about 30% higher than UHC with the lie that 'our rates will never increase'

Agents don't need my approval to run their business-my active states have MAPD penetration in the 40%+ range in the areas I work and I want people to see both sides so wait until they either have their Medicare card or go online with them and apply for the Part B.

Lying about something and doing something that is perfectly legal are two different things. Other than you choose to personally not do it, what is wrong with taking the app at the earliest permitted date in order to beat the competition?

Lying about something and doing something that is perfectly legal are two different things. Other than you choose to personally not do it, what is wrong with taking the app at the earliest permitted date in order to beat the competition?

My original comment was based on my own experiences, in Florida, with mostly Bankers Life agents and made the comment because the OP is in Florida, is a newbie, and most likely would be relying on the advance for the enrollment 6 months in advance to make a living, something that is a recipe for failure.

If the OP decides to go that route, in Florida (he lives in South Florida where MAPD penetration is near 50%) there is a likelihood he will lose lots of those enrollments to MAPD before the Medicare effective date. That is an undeniable fact, particularly since the lowest cost Plan F in South Florida is about $250 a month.

There is nothing wrong with an agent offering a competitively priced Medicare Supplement 6 months out to a client but there is also the risk that in the next 6 months that person will decide to go with an MAPD plan and the sale will be lost. If it's an area with very low MAPD penetration then that risk is minimized.

I had no intention of pissing off agents in other states that do this routinely, my point to a Florida newbie was that it probably isn't a very good idea.

My original comment was based on my own experiences, in Florida, with mostly Bankers Life agents and made the comment because the OP is in Florida, is a newbie, and most likely would be relying on the advance for the enrollment 6 months in advance to make a living, something that is a recipe for failure.

If the OP decides to go that route, in Florida (he lives in South Florida where MAPD penetration is near 50%) there is a likelihood he will lose lots of those enrollments to MAPD before the Medicare effective date. That is an undeniable fact, particularly since the lowest cost Plan F in South Florida is about $250 a month.

There is nothing wrong with an agent offering a competitively priced Medicare Supplement 6 months out to a client but there is also the risk that in the next 6 months that person will decide to go with an MAPD plan and the sale will be lost. If it's an area with very low MAPD penetration then that risk is minimized.

I had no intention of pissing off agents in other states that do this routinely, my point to a Florida newbie was that it probably isn't a very good idea.

I am not understanding If you get a lead 6 months out don't you present both?

If they decide MA is right then you can set up to do app 3 months out and if they decide sup do app right away?

Why would you lose buis if you present both and if you do a good job in letting them know you offer both and have a follow up system in place if they change their minds they should contact you to make the change no?

I do send a welcome letter followed by a send out card campaign as well as email newsletter. This helps with staying in front of those customers to remain the goto guy,

I haven't had one change mind to go MA before But I have had a few the other way around sign up MA with me and call me back to do sup instead, I make sure any T65 or someone who drops Supp knows That I can change into sup any time in the 1st 12 months and I do make them fully aware of what is being traded away for those lower premiums

Back