Med Supp Growth Pegged at 6.5% in 2015

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
New data from Mark Farrah Associates shows MedSupp plans covered 11.9 million seniors at the end of 2015, a 6.5% increase from 2014.

The report also shows UnitedHealth remains dominant in the space with 34% market share, and Plan F enrolled almost 6.5 million Med Supp members and accounted for 55% of the market in 2015.

Read more from the MFA report and see charts at the link below. Any surprises here?

Insurance Forums | Medicare Supplement enrollment rises 6.5% in 2015, reaches nearly 12 million

Only real surprise to me is the % of M and N plans. Especially compared to G which puts the two in a dead heat.

Only real surprise to me is the % of M and N plans. Especially compared to G which puts the two in a dead heat.

I'm not surprised plan N as in NY & FL it really is best buy, Even in other states I sell a few Plan N from time to time, I am very surprised plan G is so low though

I thought everyone in FL bought MA plans.

I stopped pulling leads in FL last year, However My buis in FL has always been 70% Med Supp . The Same in NY, Only its AARP Buis, I only stopped getting FL leads because AARP Commissions are so low and I get better in other states

Back