Med Supp Help Needed

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have a 58 year old female paying $181 a month for a high-deductible Plan F with United American.

She is interested in switching to anything else that will reduce her deductible, and I am wondering if there are any possibilities with this lady.

She's 5'5", 300 pounds, and had multiple knee surgeries within the past year.

Besides fibromyalgia and depression, there are no other health issues (no heart or diabetic diagnoses).

Any possibilities?

Thanks,
Dave

I have a 58 year old female paying $181 a month for a high-deductible Plan F with United American.

She is interested in switching to anything else that will reduce her deductible, and I am wondering if there are any possibilities with this lady.

She's 5'5", 300 pounds, and had multiple knee surgeries within the past year.

Besides fibromyalgia and depression, there are no other health issues (no heart or diabetic diagnoses).

Any possibilities?

Thanks,
Dave

Her biggest problem (no pun intended) is that she's under 65. She would have to be underwritten and I know of no company that would issue.

Although I'm VERY surprised that a HDF is that expensive even at her age.

Rick

Let's just say she puts the "F" in MILF. Or perhaps GILF, or GGILF.

Nothing at all, fellas? Doesn't UHC do higher-risk Med Supps for women like this?

UHC will insure damn near anyone but not U65 except when first getting Part B. Unfortunately she's stuck.

She's the kind of person that might be helped with an MA plan IF she can deal with the network limitations. The max OOP isn't much more than her premium and OOP now. But there would be an issue with network.

Rick

Let's just say she puts the "F" in MILF. Or perhaps GILF, or GGILF.

Nothing at all, fellas? Doesn't UHC do higher-risk Med Supps for women like this?

I don't think there's much hope. There're only a couple of companies that her weight's not a problem. Then there's the fibromyalgia. How bad's the depression(is it major)? How many times has she been in the hospital in the past 2 years? How many times has she had home heath care in the past 2 years(is she currently receiving HHC)? Has she been released on the knee surgeries? Still getting physical therapy? Can she perform her ADL's? Wheelchair? Meds?

You are not in FL haha... They charge 650/month at the lowest for U/65 HDF... Something I really don't understand....

Back