Med. Supp Marketing in Heavy MA Areas

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I am thinking of doing some mailers or telemarketing into the counties right around where I am located for Med supps. There is close to 40% MAPD penetration so I am looking for advice if any from those that may have done the same thing and later regretted it, or had success, and what they used. Thoughts?

I am thinking of doing some mailers or telemarketing into the counties right around where I am located for Med supps. There is close to 40% MAPD penetration so I am looking for advice if any from those that may have done the same thing and later regretted it, or had success, and what they used. Thoughts?

I'm thinking about the same thing. Although more people will be non prospects, most in those counties haven't been beaten up by telemarketing.

Rick

I have tried telemarketing in those areas and found it a bit frustrating. A lot of people don't know off hand that a Med Sup is different than MA. So, when cold calling, it means spending extra time making certain the person is a prospect.

The other issue is that it threw off my calling stats. I typically average 1 lead out of every three times I give a quote. That drops significantly when calling high % MA areas because you end up giving a quote to a person who wants to save money, thinks they have a med sup, but are only paying $30/month.

My 2 cents

Back