Med Supp Marketing System (MSMS)

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
This is a follow up to the Free Training thread I started a couple of months ago.

I’ve received a lot of calls and PM’s from agents asking what the training consists of so here is a quick overview.

I have put together a Med Supp Marketing System (MSMS), of about forty pages that covers all aspects of Medicare, Medicare Supplement, how to present it, deal with objections and sell it.

Unlike some other training information that may be available, the MSMS represents sixteen years of trial and error, intensive study/research and constant updating to keep abreast of the ever changing market. Each agent who requests training receives a copy.

Training starts with a 2+ hour phone call between the agent and me. During that time we discuss any questions the agent has regarding the documents they have received or about the senior market. The information in the MSMS is pretty straight forward and at that time generally does not require a substantial amount of time to discuss. I prefer to spend the bulk of the time training the agent how to use the phone and set appointments.

I ask the agent, at the conclusion of that call, to reread the MSMS and this time to not only read it but digest it and write down specific questions they have. After they have gone through the entire document I suggest that they call me a second time so I can address and go into greater detail regarding the questions they have. The time spent during that call is determined by how many questions the agent has.

From that point forward I tell the agent he/she can call me anytime they encounter a question or situation that they either don’t know the answer to or the best way to handle.

Not using the phone and trying to do all of this by e-mail would not produce satisfactory results for the agent. It is in the agent's best interest that we actually discuss the process.

E-mail does not replace a “real” conversation.

Once again, this is free for any agent who is using "Your Insurance Office" (YIO).

I asked Frank to help my son learn to sell Med Supps over the phone. Since we can no longer use voice broadcasting for insurance, I thought this was a great alternative and certainly better than buying crappy internet leads.

Anyway, Andy and Frank spent many hours on the phone until he was comfortable calling. The good news is Andy is making phone calls and having real conversations with people.

He's not afraid to make the calls and can explain things relatively well. Oh yeah, more importantly, slowly but surely, he is selling insurance.

He's only 21 and getting better each and every day.

Rick

I asked Frank to help my son learn to sell Med Supps over the phone. Since we can no longer use voice broadcasting for insurance, I thought this was a great alternative and certainly better than buying crappy internet leads.

Anyway, Andy and Frank spent many hours on the phone until he was comfortable calling. The good news is Andy is making phone calls and having real conversations with people.

He's not afraid to make the calls and can explain things relatively well. Oh yeah, more importantly, slowly but surely, he is selling insurance.

He's only 21 and getting better each and every day.

Rick

They grow up so fast. :cry:

I had the pleasure of a long conversation with Frank today, wish I knew half of what he does. My opinion of Frank is he's the most generous man I've talked to in this business.

I learned about Frank and his system through this very blog when I first got into Med supp sales. I was searching around online and read some of his comments. Immediately, I realized how much experience and knowledge Frank has about the business, so I called him and the rest is history. I consider him a mentor in the business. His valuable training materials and database management system are incredible. Frank is a consummate professional. He is always available whenever I have a question, extremely generous with his time and knowledge. He truly cares about people and does his best to promote good practices in the business so that the beneficiaries in this business, seniors looking for quality Medicare supplement protection, get what they need. I respect Frank greatly and encourage anyone looking to be a success in the Med supp arena to work with Frank's system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I first got into the med supp business, I found out about Frank on this blog. His comments revealed a deep knowledge about the business, so I contacted him and he soon became my mentor in the business. He is a consummate professional. His materials and database management system are incredible. Frank is extremely generous with his time and knowledge. I feel fortunate to have access to someone that has been such a great success in this business.

Last edited:
Anyone who raises asses part time should know how to sell a med supp. SO Frank is definitely the go to guy. HOnestly though he knows everything about med supps.

You've been gone for a while. Actually we have gotten out of the "ass" business and are now raising full-blood, registered South African Boer goats for show and breeding.

They are so much more enjoyable than that damn mule we had. The goats are like dogs with horns. :yes:

Back