Med Supp - Snowbirds 1/2 Time in 2 States.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Clients of mine are having problem getting an MRI they need. Medd supp company saying they should fly back to home state to get it done. Their primary is CO and they stay in CA for winters in Santa Barbara. Are there certain companies that would allow them to get the MRI here in CA. The insurer has stated that the client would need to fly back to Colorado to have the claim covered. Client really needs this fixed (I have their P&C Business - Don't do Med Sup). If anyone could reach out to me that can help in CA and CO and has an idea I'd love to discuss briefly before passing off my client. Dec. 7th being the cuttoff if they need to do something different so they can be serviced in both states without need to fly back for medical procedures that'd be awesome. Thanks!

Clients of mine are having problem getting an MRI they need. Medd supp company saying they should fly back to home state to get it done. Their primary is CO and they stay in CA for winters in Santa Barbara. Are there certain companies that would allow them to get the MRI here in CA. The insurer has stated that the client would need to fly back to Colorado to have the claim covered. Client really needs this fixed (I have their P&C Business - Don't do Med Sup). If anyone could reach out to me that can help in CA and CO and has an idea I'd love to discuss briefly before passing off my client. Dec. 7th being the cuttoff if they need to do something different so they can be serviced in both states without need to fly back for medical procedures that'd be awesome. Thanks!

Plug in their info. https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/enrollment/check-enrollment.aspx See if anything comes up. Supp shouldn't, but MA would.

No med sup would do that.

They either have Medicare Select or Medicare Advantage not a regular Med Sup. They need to get the tests done in their network and after they have that behind them they might be able to change to a Med Sup if they are healthy.

But if they are on Medicare Advantage ( most likely) they can only get off of it now through Feb 15th or they get locked in for another year.

Back