Med Supps in Florida a Waste of Time?

Buff Minorcan

Guru
100+ Post Club
Thought I've read on here a few times that Florida just wasn't a very good state to attempt to make it in the Med Supp biz as an independent agent.

I don't know how true that is so just asking. I'm really close to Georgia tho so would that be worth the commute?

Thought I've read on here a few times that Florida just wasn't a very good state to attempt to make it in the Med Supp biz as an independent agent.

I don't know how true that is so just asking. I'm really close to Georgia tho so would that be worth the commute?

Thats only true if you come down to my part of Florida ;)

I do a mostly AARP Supp's in fl

No reason to commute Sell over the phone

I sell actively in 12 states

buying, I don't cold call not my thing

Tried it when I was newer in buis
didn't work out too well

Yeah cold calling wouldn't be my thing either. Even with the new phone dialer tech it's still all the same to me and not a fan.

If you don't mind and feel like sharing maybe PM me some guidance in terms of who you are contracted with and how you got your training and such. I'm ready to break into Med Supps and want to do it the right way.

IMHO Fl is a very easy state to start up in med supp because the plan with almost always the lowest premium , very limited underwriting and name recognition is AARP/UHC.yes some people hate them and yes the commish is on the low side but if you keep your activity level high you can have a decent renewal base in a few years because they can't be replaced with lower premium plans- or least they haven't been able to be replaced in the last 10 years.

Only time I lose a client is if they switch to MA or die.

Yes he’s attempting to recruit agents for a “new” Med supp in FL.
I’m tired of the calls from Fmo’s trying to pimp out their new Med supp plan that will increase by 20% in 2 years. I used to fall for their tricks. No more.
You can’t beat uhc, Florida blue and Humana here.

Latest posts

Back