MA Clients with Supplements Pending in Underwriting?

vertex

Expert
With the annual disenrollment period upon us I am hesitant to enroll mapd individuals in pdp plans that would disenroll them while their supplements are pending in underwriting.

Does anybody know if I enroll them in a pdp and they are disenrolled from their mapd and then are declined on their supplement application - could they withdraw their pdp application because it is not in force yet and keep the mapd in place after Feb 14th?

With the annual disenrollment period upon us I am hesitant to enroll mapd individuals in pdp plans that would disenroll them while their supplements are pending in underwriting.

Does anybody know if I enroll them in a pdp and they are disenrolled from their mapd and then are declined on their supplement application - could they withdraw their pdp application because it is not in force yet and keep the mapd in place after Feb 14th?

Yep, as long as they cancel the PDP plan before it starts Mar 1st...it will revert back to original plan.

OK maybe I should rephrase, there may not be tons of options but there are options. I use Manhattan a lot here in TX.... Super simple if the client can qualify

OK maybe I should rephrase, there may not be tons of options but there are options. I use Manhattan a lot here in TX.... Super simple if the client can qualify

I probably need to pick them up, they have been popping up often at the top lately.

Is it just tougher health questions?

I've placed 10 underwritten policies with Manhattan in the last month, ages ranging from 68 to 90. The 90 year old took a few extra days in underwriting. In that same period I've had to write Equitable once, AARP once and IAC once. This is all just cross sales on FE. Manhattan E App is a breeze followed by a 3 minute phone call for the answer in most cases. Hell, I've even filled one out on my phone.

Last edited:
Back