MA Dis Enroll Letter?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I just did app for Supp with Equitable For a Lady who used: trial period Dropped Supp, to enroll in PDP for 06/01

Now I have done this many time with other Carriers many times with no issues.However Equitable is requiring a letter from The MA plan, They not only will not check with medicare like other carrier's they also will not accept enrollment letter from PDP plan either.

The MA plan say's they will not be able to get letter out before the 1st, Someone suggested to send them a letter from client to MA plan stating reason (purchases PDP using trial period) to dis-enroll.

Will this be enough? Not sure why they cant update like other carriers

I just did app for Supp with Equitable For a Lady who used: trial period Dropped Supp, to enroll in PDP for 06/01

Now I have done this many time with other Carriers many times with no issues.However Equitable is requiring a letter from The MA plan, They not only will not check with medicare like other carrier's they also will not accept enrollment letter from PDP plan either.

The MA plan say's they will not be able to get letter out before the 1st, Someone suggested to send them a letter from client to MA plan stating reason (purchases PDP using trial period) to dis-enroll.

I had a client who was moving out of state. Called the MA carrier to let them know they would be moving. The MA carrier issued a letter stating the coverage had been terminated, but the Med Supp carrier wouldn't enroll the client as GI because the letter from the MA carrier didn't state the reason for the loss of coverage. We called the MA carrier and that was an absolute waste of time. And I couldn't get the underwriter at the Med Supp carrier to connect the dots. We even provided proof of the move from one state to the other. But to no avail.

Fortunately, the premium for AARP's Med Supp in the state where he moved was only a few dollars more than the other carrier and he was within three years of Part B.

I say all that to say, if the requirements of the Med Supp carrier aren't met to the 'T' they likely won't accept it. Just out of curiosity, if she dropped a Med Supp, why isn't she going back to the same Med Supp? Is it no longer available?

I had a client who was moving out of state. Called the MA carrier to let them know they would be moving. The MA carrier issued a letter stating the coverage had been terminated, but the Med Supp carrier wouldn't enroll the client as GI because the letter from the MA carrier didn't state the reason for the loss of coverage. We called the MA carrier and that was an absolute waste of time. And I couldn't get the underwriter at the Med Supp carrier to connect the dots. We even provided proof of the move from one state to the other. But to no avail.

Fortunately, the premium for AARP's Med Supp in the state where he moved was only a few dollars more than the other carrier and he was within three years of Part B.

I say all that to say, if the requirements of the Med Supp carrier aren't met to the 'T' they likely won't accept it. Just out of curiosity, if she dropped a Med Supp, why isn't she going back to the same Med Supp? Is it no longer available?

She originally went to MA because her previous Supp was over $300, She Has diabetes (Pill Only) with high Blood pressure but otherwise healthy. I knew equitable would accept the mix

Besides the Plan G was only $146 She was Very Happy.

Just as a side note it is not a GI case they are just saying it is required for enrolling into the Supp outside of the annual enrollment period.

I was just very surprised because even though I am new to equitable I have sold a lot of policies with other carriers and have never had this issue

She originally went to MA because her previous Supp was over $300, She Has diabetes (Pill Only) with high Blood pressure but otherwise healthy. I knew equitable would accept the mix Besides the Plan G was only $146 She was Very Happy. Just as a side note it is not a GI case they are just saying it is required for enrolling into the Supp outside of the annual enrollment period. I was just very surprised because even though I am new to equitable I have sold a lot of policies with other carriers and have never had this issue

I gotcha. Didn't realize you were going with Plan G. Each carrier has their own set of rules. I haven't used Equitable yet so I haven't had that experience.

So it sounds like she's already been enrolled into the PDP? Then of course that should have knocked her off the MA and CMS should have sent the MA carrier electronic notification of the disenrollment. You might see the disenrollment letter from the MA sooner than what they're telling you; esp. if you're just dealing with standard customer service and not someone really in the know.

So it sounds like she's already been enrolled into the PDP? Then of course that should have knocked her off the MA and CMS should have sent the MA carrier electronic notification of the disenrollment. You might see the disenrollment letter from the MA sooner than what they're telling you; esp. if you're just dealing with standard customer service and not someone really in the know.

Oh yes she is enrolled in PDP with 06/01 effective, I even offered the PDP welcome letter,she hasn't got that yet but I believe she will have that in less then 10 days

However the care improvement said they will not mail out letter until dis enroll date of 06/01, So she would not likely get it till a week after maybe 06/07

Equitable will retroactive but she doesn't want to hear that, I just feel that is unnecessary

I am going to try a dis enroll request letter and see if that helps

Oh yes she is enrolled in PDP with 06/01 effective, I even offered the PDP welcome letter,she hasn't got that yet but I believe she will have that in less then 10 days

However the care improvement said they will not mail out letter until dis enroll date of 06/01, So she would not likely get it till a week after maybe 06/07

Equitable will retroactive but she doesn't want to hear that, I just feel that is unnecessary

Equitable have an agent helpline? They should have gotten notice from CMS that she joined the PDP and per the Medicare Advantage CMS guidelines, "If the MA organization learns of the voluntary disenrollment from the CMS TRR (as opposed to through written request from the member), the MA organization must send a written confirmation notice of the disenrollment to the member within ten calendar days of the availability of the TRR." So if they are truly waiting to send the letter then they are out of compliance. If you can't talk to someone with some sense, you might want to call 1800Medicare to file a complaint and verify that Equitable shows her termed as of today for a 5/31/15 termination.

I was afraid you were going to say it was CIP. They are ridiculous to deal with. On the case I mentioned earlier, it was CIP. We called to see if they could send a letter stating the reason for cancellation (i.e. - moving out of service area). You would have thought I was speaking another language.

For what it's worth, my client received his letter of termination from CIP PRIOR to his termination date.

Equitable have an agent helpline? They should have gotten notice from CMS that she joined the PDP and per the Medicare Advantage CMS guidelines, "If the MA organization learns of the voluntary disenrollment from the CMS TRR (as opposed to through written request from the member), the MA organization must send a written confirmation notice of the disenrollment to the member within ten calendar days of the availability of the TRR." So if they are truly waiting to send the letter then they are out of compliance. If you can't talk to someone with some sense, you might want to call 1800Medicare to file a complaint and verify that Equitable shows her termed as of today for a 5/31/15 termination.

I want to make sure I am following you correctly Equitable is the Supp company not the MA plan, They simply wont issue the policy until they have letter from Care improvement plus verifying the dis enrollment,

Care improvement plus has told my client they normally send out letters at date of dis enrollment,
Now keep in mind I am not the one who wrote the MA plan and was not on the call with her, She is 75 and did not even like to call them and she is not going to speak to them they way I would.

Now the person I spoke with from equitable was an underwriter, However he did put me on hold multiple time to ask someone else, He def didn't not seem knowledgeable but I don't think he was acting on his own either

I will try intent to disenroll letter, If that does not work, what am I going to do, I am going to have to try 3 way call with Care improvement plus, Just I don't think the lady feels too comfortable that there is an issue and I was trying to avoid that if I could

I want to make sure I am following you correctly Equitable is the Supp company not the MA plan, They simply wont issue the policy until they have letter from Care improvement plus verifying the dis enrollment,

Care improvement plus has told my client they normally send out letters at date of dis enrollment,
Now keep in mind I am not the one who wrote the MA plan and was not on the call with her, She is 75 and did not even like to call them and she is not going to speak to them they way I would.

Now the person I spoke with from equitable was an underwriter, However he did put me on hold multiple time to ask someone else, He def didn't not seem knowledgeable but I don't think he was acting on his own either

I will try intent to disenroll letter, If that does not work, what am I going to do, I am going to have to try 3 way call with Care improvement plus, Just I don't think the lady feels too comfortable that there is an issue and I was trying to avoid that if I could

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/enrollment/check-enrollment.aspx

Punch in her information. It should show Care Improvement Plus ending 5/31/15 and the PDP starting 6/1/15. If it does, then CIP should have already received notification of the disenrollment from CMS. That means the clock is ticking for them to send the termination letter.

Back