Medicare Advantage % Heat Map

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Medicare.Map_-1024x684.png

Interactive Medicare Marketing Map 2017

I spoke with several agents who enjoyed the simplified list I had on my web site of the Medicare Advantage penetration percentage per county.

I recently updated the list with data from 2017, including all counties in the US (not just the counties below 40% that I had listed previously). I also included the total number of Medicare eligibles per county to assist in gauging the population per county.

I had this map built to make the area selection process a little easier for everyone ordering Medicare Supplement leads, however anyone is welcome to use this map for their own area marketing analysis/selection!

I recommend picking a county (or counties) with a Medicare Advantage % that is 30% or less to avoid too many seniors who think they have a supplement plan, when they actually have an advantage plan.

When you highlight a county, you will see the following information:

County Name, State Name
Penetration '%'
Eligibles '#'

Note: If you are viewing on a mobile device - you will be able to see the map but the interactive feature does not work at this time. You can still view the data set that the map was built with by clicking the button below the map.

Any agents selling Med Supps over the phone in Idaho?

Seems like there might be some good counties.

I personally haven't spoken to very many agents who are selling in Idaho. One thing I would recommend, keeping an eye on the population (or # of eligibles) in some of the lower MA % counties.

Another thing I would recommend if you are trying to scope out a good area to market Medicare Supplements is making sure you have a carrier that is priced competitively in the area you are marketing to.

The last thing you want is to be speaking with an eager prospect and they already have a policy that is more competitive than the carrier(s) you are offering ...

Hey Ya'll!

Its been a hot minute since I have been on the forums but I wanted to update this thread.

We have a new data set working on our Medicare advantage heat map that contains 2020 data, as well as a comparison of the change in the last 3 years per county (SPOILER ALERT: MA has gotten more popular) in our spreadsheet which can be viewed on our site!

Here is the link > Medicare Advantage Penetration % Heat Map 2020
2020 map.PNG

Back