Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID     
Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: TwoCents is an Insurance Agent from
Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID
Do you always make sure to look at the Medicare ID card when meeting with an enrollee -- esp. a T65 -- to make sure they actually have Parts A & B? If you take their word for it, have you ever had a carrier reject the application? If so, how did you help your client get enrolled after the rejection happened?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID
Old 03-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Guru
goillini52 on Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID Re: Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID
Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
Do you always make sure to look at the Medicare ID card when meeting with an enrollee -- esp. a T65 -- to make sure they actually have Parts A & B? If you take their word for it, have you ever had a carrier reject the application? If so, how did you help your client get enrolled after the rejection happened?
Yes, you should look at the card. Sometimes they have funny #'s. If you have one rejected, call the company and see how they want you to handle it.

I know this was a hypothetical question, but which company rejected it?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
Guru
bpenn9 on Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

State: bpenn9 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID
Yes look. And if the cant find it call SSA confirm ID and effective dates. If you want to guess you can as always go to medicare.gov, check enrollment status. If info entered is corect then you know you are good to go.

[COLOR="Red"]
Old 03-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #4
Guru
axeman462 on Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

State: axeman462 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
axeman462 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Yes. Because sometimes the client thinks they have both A &B but they don't, or women enroll under their husband's SS or widow benefits, or they have a different letter at the end (A, W2, T, D B etc...)

David Walls
---------------
Lets not get tired of doing good, because in time we'll have a harvest if we don't give up. ~ Galatians 6:9
Old 03-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Guru

State: wehotex is an Insurance Agent from Texas
wehotex is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Yes. You might try to contract with a carrier who will verify the info for you if the prospect is not sure or can't present a card. I use Healthspring, which is useless for mostly everything else, but does provide that service for me when I need it.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #6
Guru

State: GoPokes is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma

The only times that I haven't looked at the card is when it's a T65 appt, and they don't have the card yet.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #7
Super Genius

State: TwoCents is an Insurance Agent from
Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID Re: Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID TwoCents is the thread starter for: Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

Thanks for the feedback all. Haven't had one reject yet; just wanted to be prepared.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
Super Genius

State: EltonHCP is an Insurance Agent from
I was wondering how you can "not" look at the card when you're filling out the application? Not being able to see a card is a show stopper, isn't it?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Guru
WCMason on Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

State: WCMason is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WCMason is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by EltonHCP View Post
I was wondering how you can "not" look at the card when you're filling out the application? Not being able to see a card is a show stopper, isn't it?
Not necessarily. I'll write without the card in their hand yet. I know one carrier, Aetna, even has a place to write "no Medicare card yet" in the card number space on the application. They will send a form for the policy holder to return with the card number once they get it.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #10
Guru
bpenn9 on Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID

State: bpenn9 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Originally Posted by WCMason View Post
Not necessarily. I'll write without the card in their hand yet. I know one carrier, Aetna, even has a place to write "no Medicare card yet" in the card number space on the application. They will send a form for the policy holder to return with the card number once they get it.
Writing one tomorrow like that. First one with Aetna. Can I do that with the E app?
Reply to Medicare Advantage/Medicare ID 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Tags
medicare