Medicare Advantage in NY

JoefromNY

Expert
3 Questions:

1) What are the commissions in NY for selling a Medicare Advantage policy to an Under 65 client?

2) In NY, are the Medicare Advantage plans almost always are better deal than a Med supp for someone under 65? Why?

3) Would a carrier likely drop me for sending them nothing but Under 65 medicare advantage clients?

Thanks for your help

3 Questions:

1) What are the commissions in NY for selling a Medicare Advantage policy to an Under 65 client?

Depends on the carrier, but it's the same comp regardless of age.

2) In NY, are the Medicare Advantage plans almost always are better deal than a Med supp for someone under 65? Why?

A lot of times it depends on the area. In some areas the plans are compensated really well and it's super competitive so the benefits are very attractive. If you're selling MA you really need to learn the differences between both and review the plans in your area. Again, I can't recommend reading through the Medicare and You guide enough.

3) Would a carrier likely drop me for sending them nothing but Under 65 medicare advantage clients?

No, I doubt they even have that metric. They don't care about the ages and they couldn't discriminate against that if they wanted to.

Thanks for your help

You're welcome :D

the same as over 65 in most states
except higher comish in CA NJ and PA

No

There are pluses and minus to both

I agree with the last post that you really need to understand them in order to 1) best serve you clients
2) keep yourself out of trouble

I do usually lean toward MA for under 65 for 2 reasons
1) that demographic usually Is MA minded and budgeted making it a good fit

2) don't get comish for sup under 65

However I do explain the same way I do other leads and If they can afford Supplement (which I price for them) I will refer them direct to the company

Honestly though while I sell almost 80 % Supp to MA overall
I maybe 1 time had to refer an under 65 to company for Supp

But then again I the under 65 I run into is a only small % of my leads

3) Would a carrier likely drop me for sending them nothing but Under 65 Medicare advantage clients?
Never have any problems with MA for that type of thing

Thank you for the feedback

the same as over 65 in most states
except higher comish in CA NJ and PA

No

There are pluses and minus to both

I agree with the last post that you really need to understand them in order to 1) best serve you clients
2) keep yourself out of trouble

I do usually lean toward MA for under 65 for 2 reasons
1) that demographic usually Is MA minded and budgeted making it a good fit

2) don't get comish for sup under 65

However I do explain the same way I do other leads and If they can afford Supplement (which I price for them) I will refer them direct to the company

Honestly though while I sell almost 80 % Supp to MA overall
I maybe 1 time had to refer an under 65 to company for Supp

But then again I the under 65 I run into is a only small % of my leads

3) Would a carrier likely drop me for sending them nothing but Under 65 Medicare advantage clients?
Never have any problems with MA for that type of thing

Back