MA Open Enrollment Until 2/14/2012???

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Received and email with an announcement of "Enrollment Deadline: 01/01 - 02/014... Update your plan & apply today. " It also stated, " Medicare Advantage Enrollment, Open Enrollment Has Begun." I thought Open Enrollment closed Dec 7, 2011.

I may be new but I think that period of time is for people to disenroll from their MA plans only.

I may be new but I think that period of time is for people to disenroll from their MA plans only.

And then what happens when they disenroll...?

They get a SEP to re-enroll into a new plan. Sort of like an extension of AEP.

if they disenroll between Jan 1 and Feb 14 they revert back to original medicare a and b.
they DO NOT receive an sep to go into another plan, it just means its the only time to get out of the mapd lock in.

if they disenroll between Jan 1 and Feb 14 they revert back to original medicare a and b.
they DO NOT receive an sep to go into another plan, it just means its the only time to get out of the mapd lock in.

Gee .. SportsNut you made me go through my notes again for nothing! :twitchy:

They can enroll into a PDP only, no MA.

This year we have some 5 star drug plans for the first time, so they can change to them as well anytime throughout the year. It will be very interesting to see if there are any 5 star MAPD plans out there, that will change Lock-In.

Back