MA/PDP Effective Dates

B

Briefcaseboy

I just received my supplies to start selling MA/PDP. Please refresh my memory on the dates coverage takes effect. There is an enrollment period for new enrollees....3 months before the month the enrollee becomes age 65 and has part A & B......and 3 months after the month enrollee becomes age 65 and has part A & B. When the application is written up does it take effect the month the enrollee becomes age 65 ? OR on the first day of the month after application is approved. Now for the AEP period....when an enrollee changes plans and the application is written up, does coverage become effective on the first day of the next month ?

:err:

Did you do the certs to sell this stuff? If you did, i would suggest you read it all again. Don't want to sound nasty but if you have this many questions should you be out selling it?

I second you needing to get more training.

To answer your question, it's always effective the first of the next month *unless* they are new to Medicare in which case it won't be effective until they are actually eligible for Medicare OR if it is during AEP and it's for a 1/1 effective and it's a month other than December.

Again, if you have to ask this, you need some face time with a trainer.

I second you needing to get more training.

To answer your question, it's always effective the first of the next month *unless* they are new to Medicare in which case it won't be effective until they are actually eligible for Medicare OR if it is during AEP and it's for a 1/1 effective and it's a month other than December.

Again, if you have to ask this, you need some face time with a trainer.

He just got his supplies. He didn't say he was certified. Obviously he hasn't certified yet. He couldn't pass the certification tests not knowing this stuff.

He just got his supplies. He didn't say he was certified. Obviously he hasn't certified yet. He couldn't pass the certification tests not knowing this stuff.

It is not uncommon for someone else to do the testing for an agent. Sounds like what happened. How could he get supplies without certifying?

You have a point there. Is that what happened, Briefcaseboy?

Is it really not uncommon for someone else to take the tests for an agent?:mad:

A local manager for an MA had someone else take the AHIP for her. The goombas at the top found out about it and she lost her job. :) Talk about talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

He did however say he just got his supplies to start selling. He's also asking age-in questions.

I wish he could not pass the certification tests without knowing this stuff, but I know too many agents that have done just that.

I am certified and no one else took the test for me. I always want to be sure about something before I do it. When I fill out the paper work, it will be done properly. Thank you for your help.

Back