MAPD Application While Waiting on LIS Approval

Will Humana or UHC accept an MAPD application while applicant is waiting on LIS approval?

They do not have an SEP unless they have been awarded extra help. You, or they, can check that status at medicare.gov.

They either have the award or they don't.

It doesn't take long to get the LIS approval.

If meeting f2f, you can do the application with them on an iPad so that you know the application is in process... And, I'm all about saving time, but it is a pretty short application which can open the door for your LIS SEP = sale. (IOW, you may not want to leave it 100% up to them to get it done... it may get delayed more than necessary).

Follow up closely too, or the auto enroll may beat you to the punch on enrolling them. I had that happen recently, and they put him in the very plan that I had chosen, the best fit for his particular situation. Therefore, I am a social services free gratis until I see fit to move him.

Follow up closely too, or the auto enroll may beat you to the punch on enrolling them. I had that happen recently, and they put him in the very plan that I had chosen, the best fit for his particular situation. Therefore, I am a social services free gratis until I see fit to move him.

They won't auto enroll you in a MAPD plan. Maybe you're referring to a part D only?

They won't auto enroll you in a MAPD plan. Maybe you're referring to a part D only?

Actually, that's not completely true. There is a process where people receiving LIS who are enrolled into an MA-only can be assigned into an MAPD. They have to opt out if they don't want the drug coverage and want to stay on the MA-only.

Actually, that's not completely true. There is a process where people receiving LIS who are enrolled into an MA-only can be assigned into an MAPD. They have to opt out if they don't want the drug coverage and want to stay on the MA-only.

Just as I was hitting enter I was positive someone would have a situation where it could happen but for the dozens of times I've done it for clients, I've never seen it. But, I do work T65's and the only time I'm signing someone on a mapd plan that isn't t65 is my own BOB. At that point I don't have to worry about a SEP because it's either the end of the year or they are already on LIS.

Back