MAPD Vs Plan K

It works for those who have the means and the ability to understand the differences. Keep in mind, the MAPD includes prescription coverage so that's a premium savings as well. The lowest cost Plan K in my zip code is $55.25 per month. Add say $20 per month to that for Part D and you've got $75 per month. Personally, I think it's a superior option to some of the Medicare Advantage plans available. But some of these MAPD members just don't think they can afford $75 per month. Especially when their other option is a zero premium MAPD.

As with every other comparison out there, it's on a case by case basis. But I'd rather see them with Plan N.

I found UHC for a T65 was $47 and of course add a PDP. I thought it might be an option for people that hated the idea of a network. HDF with UA is $26, 3 others clustered at $36-38. Not much difference. Above 37412 Zip. N has several $88-90.

I found UHC for a T65 was $47 and of course add a PDP. I thought it might be an option for people that hated the idea of a network. HDF with UA is $26, 3 others clustered at $36-38. Not much difference. Above 37412 Zip. N has several $88-90.

Proves my point about HDF. Plan K costs $250 more and has twice the OOP.

Rick

curious, who do you do HDF through?

I wrote a couple through UA until I started using Standard Life. Generally about the lowest priced HDF.

UA is just a colossal PITA. Standard is really easy to deal with. I get an email thanking me for every HDF submitted. Todd King has contracts along with many others.

Rick

Back