MA Plans

jmhopkins40

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
An agent in Ohio told me that by way of CMS.....there will be no advances paid for the replacement of a MA plan with another MA plan...it would simply be the renewal amount...about $16 per month????????????

I thought UHK was advancing for these replacement MA plans as we speak??????

An agent in Ohio told me that by way of CMS.....there will be no advances paid for the replacement of a MA plan with another MA plan...it would simply be the renewal amount...about $16 per month????????????

I thought UHK was advancing for these replacement MA plans as we speak??????

They said similar things last year, people did it anyways. Whatever regulations you get form CMS, just hang on to it for a few weeks before it changes again.

Before I make a comment on a public message board about the president of the United States of America I would not hold my breath about anything Mr. Obama says. Has UH also confirmed that CMS will not advance for the replacements?

If true, it's a good step in the right direction. Now, they need to eliminate lock-in along with that and most MA problems would disappear.

No its not a good step how many wellcare or coventry ... people do you need to service with no money
charity work is very nice but I also need to make a living.I have family
depending on me to do so.
Lock in I agree with.
Miss Jones I can't come see you because I can't get paid...

No its not a good step how many wellcare or coventry ... people do you need to service with no money
charity work is very nice but I also need to make a living.I have family
depending on me to do so.
Lock in I agree with.
Miss Jones I can't come see you because I can't get paid...

You would get your money as it's earned. Wellcare is paying the true up as earned now.

Of course, I'm "as earned" on almost all of my life companies, too. As far as servicing the clients, they should get the same service whether you are paid as earned or advanced.

I'm a HUGE fan of As-Earned! I write more business, I get paid more and I get it every month. Don't have to worry about charge backs or having debit balances. I for one, am all on board with MA being as earned........ but I don't sell MA anymore so I guess I should stay out of this one. I'll go back to the L&H forum where I belong.

I'm a HUGE fan of As-Earned! I write more business, I get paid more and I get it every month. Don't have to worry about charge backs or having debit balances. I for one, am all on board with MA being as earned........ but I don't sell MA anymore so I guess I should stay out of this one. I'll go back to the L&H forum where I belong.

I also am a HUGE fan of As Earned also.

Moving MA plans to as earned would eliminate most of the guys who got into the senior market to "give away" MA plans simply to collect huge commission checks when they place one. (Yes, I consider $475 to "give away" an MA plan a huge commission.)

However, it is going to hurt the honest person who is just getting started and wants to make selling insurance a career. A lot of very successful, hard working agents who really care would have not made it initially without advances when they first started.

Once again, it is the few that are spoiling it for the many.

I also am a HUGE fan of As Earned also.

Moving MA plans to as earned would eliminate most of the guys who got into the senior market to "give away" MA plans simply to collect huge commission checks when they place one. (Yes, I consider $475 to "give away" an MA plan a huge commission.)

However, it is going to hurt the honest person who is just getting started and wants to make selling insurance a career. A lot of very successful, hard working agents who really care would have not made it initially without advances when they first started.

Once again, it is the few that are spoiling it for the many.

Although I agree with you on all parts of your statements, I hold little sympathy for the new agents that need the advance on MA. As it stands, there are too many agents trying to make a quick dollar by "giving away" MA plans and they churn their own business faster than OJ Simpson can churn out a different story for an alleged robbery.

If a new agent wishes to subsidize their income from the MA market, they can always sell FE to help their income. I'm not saying they can't churn the FE as well, but it is much harder to have clients switch to a different plan if they have to pay for the new plan and the process is more complicated than signing up for MA.

Back